NDX from 2011

Posted by: Richard walker on 16 December 2018

Hi community. I have just bought an NDX from 2011 ( at a great price) is it worth having it serviced. It is not clear if the NDX needs recapping . Are there any mods that I should consider. There is no bluetooth onboard- can this be added (by me )

Thanks for your advice.

Ps. Rest of system is supernait 2 and PMC speakers.

Posted on: 16 December 2018 by ChrisSU

I’m not aware of any service interval specified by Naim, so I would just get it up and running first. Is the firmware up to date?

As far as I know, you can’t have Bluetooth added to an older model. I wouldn’t worry about it, there are usually better ways to connect to it. 

I don’t remember when the earlier 24/96 models were replaced with 24/192 versions, but you will not get full functionality (Tidal, multiroom, etc.) without this. Naim can put the 24/192 board in as a hardware upgrade if you need it. 

Posted on: 16 December 2018 by Richard walker

Thanks. It already has the 24/192 card. So it looks like I made a good deal.

Posted on: 16 December 2018 by Simon-in-Suffolk

Should be fine... when it get to 10 years you might want the reservoir caps replaced by Naim...

You should ensure it has the latest firmware... the NDX has massively changed in capability since 2011.

BTW your dealer could have put in the 24/192/increased memory board if required, it’s a 10 minute operation and really simple... but you are all sorted anyway.