Filtering out non-DLNA devices on ND5 XS

Posted by: BiggsyBoy on 17 December 2018

Hi,

Newbie question, but I have a couple of Sonos Play:1 speakers in rooms other than my main listening room. When using the Naim app (iOS) or browsing on the ND5's front panel, these two speakers are announcing themselves as UPnP devices (and by their IP addresses too).

The folks at Sonos are taking the "it's not us it's you" stance and saying that every other device that detects the Sonos speakers are doing it wrong and should be filtering these devices from any 'available servers' list.

I don't seem to be able to make them see the unreasonableness of their position so I was wondering if there was any way I can hide these devices from the app and the ND5's display?

I'm going to keep on at Sonos but I'm not hopeful.

Cheers all

Posted on: 17 December 2018 by ChrisSU

If the Sonos devices are actually able to stream music as UPnP servers, it is quite correct that they should be visible to a Naim, or any other UPnP streamer. If not, they shouldn't be announcing themselves as such on your network, although whether they are really doing this, or the Naim streamer is misunderstanding how they announce their presence, I couldn't say.