Nova With Dynaudio Special Forty

Posted by: EnglishRogue on 17 December 2018

When I bought my Nova in the early Spring, I partnered the amp with Linn Majik 109 speakers. They seemed to be the pick of the four brands I auditioned. But I wasn't especially taken with the sound and eventually decided to upgrade to the Dynaudio Special Forty after my dealer offered a reasonable trade-in.

What I now have is quite remarkable. After thirty hours run-in, the sound in my dedicated listening room is just outstanding. The value-for-money offered by the Dynaudio speakers is remarkable; they sound like £ 5,000+ speakers to my ears and of course only cost half that.

What a shame Naim are partnered with Focal. I think their amps love Dynaudio much more ;-)

I'm now curious about their Sub 6 subwoofer which has DSP settings optimized for different models of Dynaudio stereo speakers. Has anyone else used that sub for a 2.1 setup?

Roguishly..

Posted on: 17 December 2018 by Kevin-W

I've been home demo-ing a pair of S40s on the end of my NAC 72-Hi-NAP 250 setup and I agree with you - they are utterly fantastic speakers, quite remarkable VFM. They do seem to be a perfect match with Naim electronics.