Auxillary connections

Posted by: Jonners on 18 December 2018

Hello all - I swear I saw a thread about the subject I'm about to post on quite recently but can't find it when I search, hence this new topic post.

I'm wondering if it matters which of the 2 auxillaries the interconnect from my Phono Stage is plugged into on the back of my 282? From memory, some forum members were recommending one over the other, but I can't remember which is supposed to be the better of the 2.

Thanks one and all and my apologies for causing any eye-rolling moments!

Jon

Posted on: 18 December 2018 by yeti42

That rather depends what the phonostage is and what cables. I always used AUX2 on my 282 because I needed to power it from there, that's also one of the inputs that can be assigned to RCA sockets if memory serve me today. I use AUX1 (but it's mapped to button 6) on the 552 just because it's in the same position and I no longer need to power the superline from the pre. There was a comment somewhere, probably about an Olive prer amp, saying the tuner input sounded best, I wouldn't know I always used it for my tuner.

Posted on: 18 December 2018 by Jonners
yeti42 posted:

That rather depends what the phonostage is and what cables. 

Ta muchly yeti42 - it's a Rega Aria and the interconnect is a BNC-DIN, so no power needing to be drawn and therefore a straight choice of AUX1 or 2. Of course, if there really is naff all difference then I'll stop fiddling with my worry beads and leave as is (tv in AUX1 and LP12 in AUX2).

Posted on: 18 December 2018 by Filipe

I use tuner (2) and it’s fine. Aux 2 has the benefit of being easier to find when you push button on the front panel!

Posted on: 18 December 2018 by Jonners
Filipe posted:

I use tuner (2) and it’s fine. Aux 2 has the benefit of being easier to find when you push button on the front panel!