Naims Powerstrip..???

Posted by: Peder on 18 December 2018

A friend found this ad from a Swedish hifi store,..See the text and image below.

Does anyone here know anything about this powerstrip below,..could it really be Naim's power cord for that price.?
-----------------????????????????????????????----------------
Music-Line,...Powerstrip.
Better power to your music-system.
price: £75:-

Description:
Music-Line Powerstrip,with Naim's own power cord.

Music-Line is now launching an instep solution,in the form of a specially selected powerstrip with Naim's own power cord,welded on solid copper tracks to all sockets.
In addition,the first two sockets are Star-earthed,to provide the best possible conditions for Cd-player and amplifier.

In short,a very well constructed powerstrip that with few,but carefully selected and high quality components,provides a very good power connection for your music-system.

Specification:
# Power strip for 6 devices.
# Two Star-earthed sockets.
# 1-wire cable from Naim (1.8 m).
# Welded connection between cables and ”Contact Plate” for best possible transition.
# Sturdy copper tracks for all sockets,including ground.

Music-Line Powerstrip with Naim's powercord,see picture..???????????? 
https://i.imgur.com/WemtxlX.jpg

/Peder ????

Posted on: 18 December 2018 by Mulberry

Hi Peder,

Music Line is the German distributor for Naim. They offer power strips (Netzleiste) and a hydra-like distributor (Powerigel) for several years. Both are based on the regular Naim power cords, with Powerlines as an option. The latter are called Netzleiste or Powerigel Plus, respectively.

A quick search of the interweb should turn out some useful links.

Posted on: 18 December 2018 by SamClaus

I have one of those, and I wasn't aware that two of the sockets were star-earthed. They are indeed made by Music-Line (part of the same group as Naim and Focal), but Music-Line's site says very little about the Netzleiste (or Netzleiste Plus), it certainly does not mention that 2 sockets are star-earthed. They are well-made, and cheaper than the competition.

Posted on: 18 December 2018 by Bert Schurink

They are a good step up from standard stuff. I personally swear with the Ansuz powerdistribution and cables, a significant step up...

Posted on: 18 December 2018 by Mike Hughes

I’ve had a Powerigek for years. It tends to roll off the top end.

Posted on: 18 December 2018 by Peder

???? Mulberry,Samclaus,Bert,...Thanks for the information. PowerIgel I have listened to,but this cheap Music-Line PowerStrip,I have never heard of.

I sold a Vintage music-system to a guy,and he was totally fascinated by how well it played.
But he was not so knowledgeable in system-installation,he had,..among other things,a powerstrip with a switch.
I said that this has to be replaced at once,then he found this Music-Line in an advertisement.

He first looked at Wireworld Matrix2,..but then he found this Music-Line powerstrip with Naim power cord.
I said it could not be a Naim product,because it is so cheap,..but I had apparently wrong ????.

But good that I got answers,..Thanks.
He will order one tomorrow,..you have to start somewhere..and this is a good instep product for him as Bert said.

But Bert,..I agree with you,Ansuz is good stuff.
I myself am testing a series of new power cables, in prices from £360:- to £3600:-.
So far,it seems very promising,..It will be interesting to see what we arrive at.

/Peder ????

Posted on: 18 December 2018 by Peder

???? Mike Hughes,...Is there any kind of netfilter in the PowerIgel,my experience is that with a netfilter,it usually "roll of the top end" or hijack transients at the top.

/Peder ????