Do I have a problem with my Nova.

Posted by: ted_p on 18 December 2018

Ever since i received my Nova I have had a few intermittent problems and am not sure it it is the Nova or the naim app.

1. when I play an album it plays the first track then plays the rest of the album in a random order.
  2. when I play an album it plays the first track then plays the last track on the album then stops.
  3. when i play an album it plays the first track then stops.

None of this happened with my last stremers (UnitiQute 2 and Simaudio Moon Neo Ace), it only started when I got the Nova.

I have checked all the metadata many times and all is correct.

Any help greatly received.

Edward

Posted on: 18 December 2018 by hifi-dog

Are you just using the naim app? You’ve tired reboot of everything I assume? 

I’m not that well versed in the naim app as I use Roon with my nova instead but could it be just an issue with random  play  order selection.. it sounds software rather than the nova but someone will be along soon..

Posted on: 18 December 2018 by ted_p

Yes i have rebooted everything, deleted and reinstalled the app, rescanned the music Library ect.

Edward

Posted on: 18 December 2018 by hungryhalibut

Have you contacted Naim Support?

Posted on: 18 December 2018 by ted_p

I will contact Naim support tomorrow, just thought I would see if anyone else has had the same problems.

Edward

Posted on: 18 December 2018 by Gazza

When you are playing from the App at the bottom of the screen are two little icons.....the left hand one has two arrows crossing, on the right hand side an arrow making an almost complete circle. Wether they are activated or not is not very clear in the App. I think the left side is random, the right is continuous album play........have a few presses and see what happens.

Posted on: 19 December 2018 by ted_p

Hi, I have sent an email to Naim support, will keep you updated.

Edward

Hi Gazza.

This was the very first thing I checked, I was hopping this was the problem but unfortunately it was not.

Edward

Posted on: 19 December 2018 by Gazza

Edward, sorry to hear that, it’s just I managed to hit one of these buttons without realising. Hope they sort it quickly. They might ask you to do a factory reset, but let’s see what they say.

Hi, you are spot on Gazza, Naim ask me to do a factory reset and delete the app, this I have already done. 

I have just done another factory reset and deleted the app, let’s see what happens.

Edward

Posted on: 21 December 2018 by roosevelt51

I’ve been away and just caught up with this thread.  I have exactly the same thing on my Nova. I reported it to Naim via th3 feedback facility on the app several months ago.  Got a reply saying they would report it to the developers about a month later, since then nothing and the issue keeps happening.  Has it resolved itself for you?

Posted on: 22 December 2018 by ted_p

Hello Roosevelt51

No it has not gone away, my system is in storage in the bedroom at the moment while I do some painting, hope to set it up tonight.

I will contact Naim support after the new year.

Edward