Just ordered for xmas ......Supernait 2

Posted by: M2bfx on 22 December 2018

Ok so after listening to your comments, I have just ordered my NEW Naim Supernait 2 at an amazing price. So when It arrives, I will need some more advice on whats the next step in the way of adding a streamer to this in the future.

Thanks for helping 

Posted on: 22 December 2018 by spurrier sucks

Easy. NDX2. 

Posted on: 22 December 2018 by GraemeH

Enjoy, it’s a great amp.

G

Posted on: 22 December 2018 by Adam Zielinski

Good amp needs a good source.

Depending on your budget - NDS, NDX (with or without FM / DAB module), NDX2.

Is SN2 up to a NDS? Just curious. 

It can handle any source you throw at it - the better the source, the better it will sound.
I do realise where the limiations of SN2 are, but that’s not the topic discussed here.

Adam Zielinski posted:

It can handle any source you throw at it - the better the source, the better it will sound.
I do realise where the limiations of SN2 are, but that’s not the topic discussed here.

Have you tried this combo? I think you’ve owned both. Just curious about a 3 box alternative. 

spurrier sucks posted:
Adam Zielinski posted:

Have you tried this combo? I think you’ve owned both. Just curious about a 3 box alternative. 

I’ve hooked up various ‘things’ to my SN2 - NDX, NDX with an XPS, NDX into nDAC (bare), NDX into nDAC with 555PS, NDS with 555PS DR, Linn LP12, CDX2 bare and via nDAC.

SN2 is ‘transparent enough to highluight different personalities of each source.

Posted on: 22 December 2018 by analogmusic

Congratulations. For a source   there’s the great NDX2

Or others from naim like Adam mentioned

Posted on: 22 December 2018 by Timo
spurrier sucks posted:
Adam Zielinski posted:

[@mention:6776267697733081] I think was running this combo for a while. He might ship in his experience. From what I remember he was quite happy -- until recently making a big jump up the ladder...

Timo posted:
spurrier sucks posted:
Adam Zielinski posted:

[@mention:6776267697733081] I think was running this combo for a while. He might ship in his experience. From what I remember he was quite happy -- until recently making a big jump up the ladder...

Hope he does. I’m considering adding a 555ps to my 272 inplace of my xpsfr but NDS/555/SN2 does have my interest as well. 

Posted on: 22 December 2018 by Bart
spurrier sucks posted:
Timo posted:
spurrier sucks posted:
Adam Zielinski posted:

Hope he does. I’m considering adding a 555ps to my 272 inplace of my xpsfr but NDS/555/SN2 does have my interest as well. 

I tried a couple of different sources with my SN2, and as Adam Z wrote it was always up to the task of highlighting their differences.  I had an SN2/HC2/NDS/555DR system for quite a few years and thoroughly enjoyed it.  I definitely never regretted owning the NDS!  And now would be a very good time to buy one gently used.  If funds permit I'd definitely get a used NDS over a used NDX.  

Posted on: 23 December 2018 by M2bfx

Excellent, many thanks all 

Merry Xmas 

Posted on: 23 December 2018 by The Strat (Fender)

The NDX2 is the obvious choice but a NDS or ND555 would be superb.   That said I recently heard the SN2 with a ND5 XS2 and it sounded superb.  

Regards,

Lindsay