More Miura

Posted by: DIL on 23 December 2018

Having been a little inspired finding the Italian Job intro, with the Lamborghini Miura, found this very interesting and informative 30 min youtube clip. => https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGNHVYU0Xok

Enjoy - mincepie not needed.

/dl

Posted on: 24 December 2018 by Bruce Woodhouse

Thanks. I think it is one of the loveliest of all classics. Much prefer it to the swoopy E Type, or to a Ferrari GTO.

Saw one on the road once. Just amazed by how low it was!

Bruce

Posted on: 24 December 2018 by Kevin-W

I'm not interested in cars but that is beautiful... very 1960s, and rather feminine. Lots of curves and no boxy angles.

Great film too - really demonstrates the full sensory experience of driving a Miura.

Posted on: 24 December 2018 by winkyincanada
DIL posted:

Having been a little inspired finding the Italian Job intro, with the Lamborghini Miura, found this very interesting and informative 30 min youtube clip. => https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGNHVYU0Xok

Enjoy - mincepie not needed.

/dl

Lovely car. But I was nervous as hell when he kept turning to the camera instead of watching where he was going in someone else's $4,000,000 car.

Posted on: 26 December 2018 by Tony Lockhart

I’m too tall, and short of about £1.29m!

Stunning cars that need to be seen in the flesh. 

Posted on: 27 December 2018 by tonym

The landlord/ owner of a large pub in Surrey I used to frequent as a youth owned a lime-green one. The pub wasn't up to much really, we just used to patronise it so we could drool and salivate over the car.

Posted on: 27 December 2018 by Timmo1341

Must be something missing from my DNA! I wouldn’t have one of these, or most so called ‘classic’ sports cars if you paid me. The only sports car I ever owned, briefly because I couldn’t afford to restore or run it, was an Austin Healey 3 litre. That I thought was quite attractive, but still worth nowhere near the ridiculous amounts asked today. Too many grown-up kids with too much money.

Posted on: 29 December 2018 by Tony Lockhart

I’m glad these people are out there. Normal people can’t afford to run these things, so these grown up kids can fritter their money away as much as they want. 

I’m sure most of us here have seen at least one classic car price crash in our time. That’s when normal people can buy an affordable classic again, with a full restoration in the last few years.