Mu-So qb connecting to Hi-Fi

Posted by: diggygun on 26 December 2018

Just recently got a Mu-So qb. My question is, can this connect to my Naim Hi-Fi system as a source, e.g. as a tuner?

Posted on: 26 December 2018 by Guinnless

There are no output sockets on a Qb so you won't be able to use it as a source. 

Posted on: 26 December 2018 by Mike Hughes

You can use a particular socket for headphones and thus can use the same to output to a pre.

But, why?

Posted on: 26 December 2018 by cdboy

No, you cannot connect your Qb to your Naim Hi-Fi system as a source, e.g. as a tuner. As Guinnless says there is no output on a Qb, and sorry Mike there is no headphone socket.

Posted on: 27 December 2018 by Loki

Just use your iPad or other iOS device and connect via cable or something like an airport express to the system. The Qb is for replay not transmission.

Posted on: 27 December 2018 by Bailyhill

While I agree that the Qb is not for transmission, If I go to the Qb first and select a source, like my Uniti Core, or internet radio, or Tidal, I can then go to Multiroom and attach my ND555 to the Qb and it will slave the same music--not that I would ever want to do it.  I found that by mistake when I was trying to select a source on the ND555 and then slave my Qb to that.  I suspect that the same would be true of other Naim "rooms" like the 282.

Bailyhill

Posted on: 27 December 2018 by Mike Sullivan

I use mulitroom between 3 systems, though I’m yet to work out whether one broadcasts to the others, or whether they each process from the same source.

Posted on: 27 December 2018 by Bailyhill

Hello Mike

While I have a wireless network in my house for computer connections, I have no antenna on my ND555 nor my Unity Core (Same room).  The ND555 is set up to connect via internet and I believe the wifi function is turned off in settings.  They both connect via an internet cable.  The Qb is set up to connect via Wifi.  So in my case, I believe its connecting via wire.

Bailyhill

Posted on: 27 December 2018 by Mike Sullivan
Bailyhill posted:

Hello Mike

While I have a wireless network in my house for computer connections, I have no antenna on my ND555 nor my Unity Core (Same room).  The ND555 is set up to connect via internet and I believe the wifi function is turned off in settings.  They both connect via an internet cable.  The Qb is set up to connect via Wifi.  So in my case, I believe its connecting via wire.

Bailyhill

Hi Ballyhill, yes, I have a Core, Nova and Uniti room on internet and a UC2 on WiFi. They can all mulitroom. I’m not sure, that if I mulitroom on the UC2, whether that output streams to the Nova for example, with reduced SQ at Nova, rather than steaming from the Nova to the UC2.