282 rca cd input question

Posted by: drawtheline55 on 27 December 2018

Hi, quick question here, on a 282 there is a cd rca input and obviously a cd din input, if the cd din input is on, does that

override the cd rca input, meaning can you use one or the other, or can both be live thanks,

Posted on: 27 December 2018 by Richard Dane

One or other - see the section about input socket assignment in the manual. 

Posted on: 27 December 2018 by drawtheline55

Many thanks, yes will do just not near the manual now, thanks

Posted on: 27 December 2018 by Adam Zielinski

DIN is the default. RCA needs to be programmed to work and does not override the DIN socket.

Manual can be found here:  https://www.naimaudio.com/site...ish%20Issue%201i.pdf

Page E9

Posted on: 28 December 2018 by drawtheline55

Hi thanks for the input, went to the manual and saw this.....

"The NAC 282 and NAC 202 have six DIN input sockets and two alternative pairs of RCA Phono sockets. The RCA Phono sockets can be assigned individually to the cd and aux 2 input buttons in place of the DIN sockets."

That tells me that going to the rca inputs does override the din inputs, and why in the world would a preamp be

designed to have a din input and  rca input but to get the rca to work one would have to program it in ??

why wouldn't it be set at the factory so both inputs are live.   I am confused here.

Posted on: 28 December 2018 by Richard Dane

For the CD input, you can assign that to a DIN or a pair of RCA Phonos.  Default is DIN - that is Naim's favoured connector, so stands to reason that it would be the default.  If you want the RCA phonos instead then you need to reassign via program mode (unless already re-assigned in the past).

Ok, thanks so it is one or the other not both.

Posted on: 28 December 2018 by Richard Dane

Yes, one or other but not both DIN and RCA at the same time for the assignable input.

Thanks Richard, great forum here.