My NACA5 has always taken an interesting route.

Posted by: Popeye on 28 December 2018

Hi all

was listening to music last night like I usually do, wondering if the route my speaker cable needs to take and the cables that it runs with will be having much of an effect. 

My right channel passes behind my TV along with its power, Ethernet HDMI and other cables, not ideal but the only way to do things. 

As much as I like NACA5 would shielded cable likely to be beneficial in this scenario?

thanks again.

Posted on: 28 December 2018 by Dave J

Your answer is in your statement “much as I like NACA5... “. If you’re currently quite happy and can’t change the routing of the rats nest, why bother change?

Posted on: 28 December 2018 by Popeye
Dave J posted:

Your answer is in your statement “much as I like NACA5... “. If you’re currently quite happy and can’t change the routing of the rats nest, why bother change?

Is it likely to be having an effect tho?

Posted on: 28 December 2018 by Dave J

I meticulously separate my cables - Burndys hate contact with anything/everything else, for example, and when I used to use NACA5, I found it hated contact with power cables in particular, sounding edgy and harsh. So, I’d say very definitely, yes.

Posted on: 28 December 2018 by JRHardee

I have routed my NACA5 through the crawlspace under my house and away from the other cables. I think what I got out of it was more consistent sound and less off days rather than any large improvements.