Naim Nymph

Tonym

Hook

MDS

Tony2011

Jan-Erik Nordoen

Gianluigi Mazzarra

Posted on: 01 January 2019 by rodwsmith

Is it good or bad that I am not in this list?

Posted on: 01 January 2019 by Don Atkinson

Rod, It's dreadful.

You should be up there in the first three Rod. But at #105 there's hope for you yet !

I'm gutted that since last year i've dropped down the list. (look up "spoof" if anybody isn't sure !)

Posted on: 01 January 2019 by Richard Dane

It's worse than that Don  I've slipped to 3rd place...

Posted on: 01 January 2019 by Ardbeg10y

The Netherlands Second indeed!

Thanks Bert!

Richard Dane posted:

And I thought YOU knew the scoring rules !!

Posted on: 01 January 2019 by Kevin-W

Oooh! 12th! Last time I looked I was 32nd! That rise must be good (I think), but what does it mean? I've never worked out what these rankings are, what they mean, or how they are compiled...

Posted on: 01 January 2019 by Mike-B
Don Atkinson posted:
Richard Dane posted:

And I thought YOU knew the scoring rules !!

If anyone can work those out Don,  it has to be you.  They seem to be more of a puzzle than your dastardly brain teasers

Posted on: 01 January 2019 by Bert Schurink

Not important, we just should have fun and value coming out of the forum, and I belief we do. I am still waiting for Naim to call me for providing a free DR service to my NAP500, as I am high on the list......, but I fear I still would have to pay for it....... it’s still worth hoping...

Posted on: 01 January 2019 by JamieWednesday

Hah, I’m 52nd and barely do f’all...

JamieWednesday posted:

Ah Jamie, you have fallen from 49th last year. Better get the old skates on other wise you might fall further .... 

.... ooopps ! Just realised you said “f’all” not “fall” 

Posted on: 01 January 2019 by Loki

Mornington Crescent

Posted on: 01 January 2019 by kuma
Don Atkinson posted:

As of noon today ....

Kuma

Bert Schurink

Richard Dane

Ewemon

Simon-in-Suffolk

Mike B

Hungry Halibut

Christopher M

Osprey

Lontano

GreameH

Kevin-W

SteveeS

Don Atkinson

Hain Ronen

BigH47

James N

Adam Meredith

Naim Nymph

Tonym

Hook

MDS

Tony2011

Jan-Erik Nordoen

Gianluigi Mazzarra

Most excellent! 

Posted on: 02 January 2019 by Don Atkinson
kuma posted:
Don Atkinson posted:

As of noon today ....

Kuma

Bert Schurink

Richard Dane

Ewemon

Simon-in-Suffolk

Mike B

Hungry Halibut

Christopher M

Osprey

Lontano

GreameH

Kevin-W

SteveeS

Don Atkinson

Hain Ronen

BigH47

James N

Adam Meredith

Naim Nymph

Tonym

Hook

MDS

Tony2011

Jan-Erik Nordoen

Gianluigi Mazzarra

Most excellent! 

Kuma, you've been "top-of-the-Class" for these past 6 years !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Posted on: 02 January 2019 by ewemon

I want a recount. I think there has been some skullduggery with the postal voting.

Posted on: 02 January 2019 by Rich 1

A bit tongue in cheek but I look at it this way, if like me you're not on the list you must be spending more time listening to music than playing with the email! Rich 

Posted on: 02 January 2019 by Clive B
Don Atkinson posted:
JamieWednesday posted:

Ah Jamie, you have fallen from 49th last year. Better get the old skates on other wise you might fall further .... 

It seems I stole Jamie's slot. I have no idea how these numbers are calculated. It doesn't seem to have any direct correlation with points either. Does one point equate to one post? Who knows!

Posted on: 02 January 2019 by Bob the Builder

It's easy just post repetitively on the 'what are you listening to' or 'what are you buying' threads and you'll fly up the charts!  Unfortunately though there is absolutely no reward or kudos involved just the knowledge that you spend far too much time online and that you really should get out more.

Posted on: 02 January 2019 by Richard Dane
Clive B posted:
Don Atkinson posted:
JamieWednesday posted:

It seems I stole Jamie's slot. I have no idea how these numbers are calculated. It doesn't seem to have any direct correlation with points either. Does one point equate to one post? Who knows!

Clive, there's a formula involved.  It's not just about how many posts, but also likes, followers etc..

It's just a bit of fun really and we keep the details of the formula a mystery - I think it's more fun that way.

Posted on: 02 January 2019 by Kevin-W
Richard Dane posted:
 we keep the details of the formula a mystery - I think it's more fun that way.

Yes, but Richard, how can we rig the system in our favour if we don't know how it works?

Posted on: 02 January 2019 by Gazza

Richard came third, so perhaps he does not really know either, but probably more of a clue than those below him.

Posted on: 02 January 2019 by thebigfredc

I bet there are extra points for posting a new thread too, as an incentive for keeping the forum alive.

I was at 297 last time I looked which is a bit poor so maybe there are negative points for those who are tagged using the ignore button.

Ray

Posted on: 02 January 2019 by ewemon
Bob the Builder posted:

It's easy just post repetitively on the 'what are you listening to' or 'what are you buying' threads and you'll fly up the charts!  Unfortunately though there is absolutely no reward or kudos involved just the knowledge that you spend far too much time online and that you really should get out more.

Wife keeps telling me I ought to get out more and also follows that up with that there is no way in hell I would be able to play all the music I have before I push up daisies.

Posted on: 02 January 2019 by MDS
Kevin-W posted:

Oooh! 12th! Last time I looked I was 32nd! That rise must be good (I think), but what does it mean? I've never worked out what these rankings are, what they mean, or how they are compiled...

I wonder if there's some correlation to the fortunes of our football teams? 

Posted on: 02 January 2019 by Kevin-W
Richard Dane posted:

Clive, there's a formula involved.  It's not just about how many posts, but also likes, followers etc..

If that's the case I'm going to stop following, or liking the posts of, anyone ahead of me!

Posted on: 02 January 2019 by fatcat
Kevin-W posted:
Richard Dane posted:

If that's the case I'm going to stop following, or liking the posts of, anyone ahead of me!

That’s Ok.

I’ll still have somebody liking my Shakatak suggestions in the ‘what are you listening too now’ thread.