NAC12 / NAP160

Posted by: Stephen packer on 01 January 2019

As per previous posts I'd allowed aesthetics to persuade me to move to a chrome bumper active  system.

I made the mistake of perusing the well known auction site before Christmas and saw a bolt-down NAP160 for sale... and elsewhere I'd seen a NAC12 going for a reasonable sum.  Of course my will power was weak.

I've just connected the pair together today and am using them with my Gyrodec and SBLs.

What a nice sounding combination.

I've also repeated my mistake and have bought an older NAC12 and NAP120.  Sooner or later I'm going to have to get rid of some of the old kit I'm accumulating (NAC12/32.5/62/72, Bolt Down NAP160/250 and now 120).  Either that or buy another rack to put it on...

Posted on: 01 January 2019 by james n

This thread is useless without pictures (hint).... 

Posted on: 01 January 2019 by Ardbeg10y

Correct James, we need evidence. A jealous guy here. I dream about a bedroom Nac 12 in the future.

Posted on: 01 January 2019 by Tristan.Kelly

How odd, I sold a bolt down 160 very recently! Still got the bolt down 32 though :-)

Posted on: 02 January 2019 by Stephen packer

In my defence...

1) The 12/160 is being used while my NAXO2 is away being repaired when it will (probably) replace the 12 and I'll remove the 160 from the rack.  So I know the cabling is a mess.

2) I can't embed a picture for whatever reason... probably stupidity on my part (tried both flickr and google hosted)

3) It's my office and I can't be bothered with getting the carpet replaced...Fortunately I'm the only one that uses the room.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/nRSn7fjLWXxKw9xE8

Posted on: 02 January 2019 by Tristan.Kelly

CB stuff is lovely. The NAP160 I had was quite a special thing. In dire need of a service, but still sounded great. It lives in Hong Kong now with a very happy owner. I was also quite taken with the NAC32 it came with. Still have that in my workshop, with a NAP180 :-)

Posted on: 03 January 2019 by Arthur Lee

I bought my son a Nap 120 about 12 years ago to use with a 32 it sounds beautiful playing through a pair of Mark 1 Kans, LP12 pre Cirkus, Ittok and Dynavector 20XL. 

The Kans are on the Sound Organisation stands.

the 120 went back to the Factory for a service about 4 years ago.

Regards,

Martin