Mana sound stages for speakers?

Posted by: Bob the Builder on 03 January 2019

I have the chance to buy a set of these for my Dynaudio Contour S3.4s has anyone used these Manas to try and tighten up the bass of their floor standers?  Mine are on a carpet and a suspended wooden floors so are prone to a bit of boom.

Posted on: 03 January 2019 by tonym

If the price is reasonable and they definitely fit your speakers I'd go for them Bob. The chap I bought my DBLs from used a pair and swore by them. As he was replacing the DBLs with another pair in a different finish he wouldn't sell them to me, but I copied measurements etc. of them & made a pair. They really work extremely well, tightening & improving bass and pulling the sound into better focus.

Posted on: 03 January 2019 by Peder

???? Bob The Builder,....I say as Tonym,..BUY THEM.!

And if you will find a Mana wall-shelf for LP12,.. Kill to get hold of it ????.

/Peder ????

Posted on: 03 January 2019 by Bob the Builder

Thanks Tony and Peder,

They are a bit of a tight fit the Dynaudios bases are 35cm  x 38cm and are 1.3 metres tall whilst the Mana's are 36cm x 45cm and about 7.5cm tall.

As for cost they are £120 the pair which is about half what John the designer is selling them for on Ebay so well worth a try as I think I'll get my money back if they are not suitable. The guy selling them is going to bring them down anyway as he is local so I'll try them for size first.

Posted on: 03 January 2019 by Obsydian

Like rocking horse poo to find now, but buy them quick.

Recall my old active SBL system, I got the SBLs to Phase 5, 3 and 5 where sweet spots.

Posted on: 04 January 2019 by Bob the Builder

Wow after a search through forum archives I didn't realise that these platforms used to cause such a divide with some people becoming quite irrational and getting quite angry both for and against.

Posted on: 04 January 2019 by Jonners
Bob the Builder posted:

Wow after a search through forum archives I didn't realise that these platforms used to cause such a divide with some people becoming quite irrational and getting quite angry both for and against.

My fundamental problem with some of these products is the price manufacturers charge. A piece of glass for a Naim shelf is £200. Why? I have just bought some goo in a glass pot to clean the stylus on my LP12. It was £18 and honestly doesn't look to be that different from the pots of slime my kids buy in the local Londis for 99p (without the maggots of course!). I know these products are effective having recently bought cups, balls and glass to go under my CDX2 but it seems that hi-fi enthusiasts pay a significant premium in the pursuit of aural excellence. I guess it's a case of "each to their own" and all that. 

Posted on: 04 January 2019 by Dozey

They are good. I miss the Mana flame wars. I don't think they were over priced when you consider the overheads of running a small business. Look at the price of super lumina cables.

Posted on: 04 January 2019 by Bob the Builder

Do us hifi enthusiasts get stung yes we do with every purchase but it gets to me less when it’s a small time manufacturer trying to make a living as is the case with Mana Acoustics. 

Naim Audio, Linn, Rega etc are all over priced by quite a margin and that they offer fantastic products isn’t up for debate because they do but your average yearly salary for a streaming source and power supplies is just too much. 

A couple of hundred for a pair of handcrafted in the UK speaker stands isn’t wildly over priced. 

Posted on: 04 January 2019 by Jonners
Bob the Builder posted:

Do us hifi enthusiasts get stung yes we do with every purchase but it gets to me less when it’s a small time manufacturer trying to make a living as is the case with Mana Acoustics. 

Naim Audio, Linn, Rega etc are all over priced by quite a margin and that they offer fantastic products isn’t up for debate because they do but your average yearly salary for a streaming source and power supplies is just too much. 

A couple of hundred for a pair of handcrafted in the UK speaker stands isn’t wildly over priced. 

Put like that I don't disagree and I think it's all about scale. For example, with my set-up I wouldn't buy SL cables, I think it'd be like putting lipstick on a pig, the money would be better spent on a major component upgrade or addition. If I had top of the range kit then I'd easily justify the outlay as it'd be releasing its full potential.