Incorrect Album and Track Information obtained when ripping CDS on Uniti

Posted by: MikeGh on 04 January 2019

I've restarted ripping CD after a gap of around a year. I have around 800 CDs correctly ripped, bur recently the AMG lookup takes 2 - 3 minutes and is eventually replaced by FreeDB which sometimes work fine but in 50% of cases the results are utterly wrong. Just tried to rip Van Morrison's "The Prophet Speaks" and the system told me the album was "Glitter" by the Urbane !!!

Can anyone help me put this right? Thanks, Mike

Posted on: 04 January 2019 by MikeGh

Hi, Sorry folks, just to clarify, the post title should have read" ........ when ripping CDs on a UnitiServe"

Posted on: 04 January 2019 by AndyP19

Check out this thread a few weeks ago.

https://forums.naimaudio.com/t...mp-ripping-weirdness

Might help as recall AMG is no longer functioning.

Posted on: 04 January 2019 by MikeGh

Thanks Andyp19, much appreciated. I'll check it out. Mike

Posted on: 04 January 2019 by ChrisSU

The problem is that AMG no longer exists, and the Unitiserve doesn't (yet) know this, so it still attempts the AMG lookup before trying other online services. Naim are aware of this, and hopefully will be able to issue a firmware update to correct it. Whether that improves your success rate in achieving accurate metadata lookups, only time will tell!

Posted on: 04 January 2019 by Adam Zielinski

NAIM are aware of this issue. A Beta version of the new software was released to Beta testers towards the back end of 2018.
It looks promissing, but I’m not at liberty to divulge more.

Posted on: 05 January 2019 by MikeGh

Many thanks Andyp19, Chrissu and Adam for your input. I'm running on 1.7a_sp1 currently and have downloaded 1.7b and burned it to a CD. Will try an update tomorrow (whoops, today !) and see if that helps. I'll let you know. Mike

Posted on: 05 January 2019 by ChrisSU

Mike, the update that corrects the AMG lookup issue has not yet been released. I would do the 1.7b update anyway, but you’ll have to wait for 1.7c to solve this particular problem.