Powerigel to Powerigel Plus - what improved (or didn’t)?

Posted by: Michael_B. on 05 January 2019

Has anyone made this step as a direct upgrade? If so, what did you find? I already have a Powerigel and am in the process of getting a price for a UK plugged Powerigel Plus. Unfortunately there is no possibility of an audition prior to purchase and not all the comments I have read about the “upgrade” have been positive, so I’d love to hear some real world impressions, especially for classical music.

Posted on: 05 January 2019 by Mulberry

Hi Michael,

I went from the standard power cords to a single Powerline and from that to the Igel Plus. Not exactly what you are thinking about, but perhaps of some use. Have you ever compared the Powerline with the standard cord? If you know the difference between these, the Igel gives you that and a certain amount of ease and refinement on top.

A reviewer  in Germany described the Igel Plus as the perfect combination of flat (the Igel) and round earth (the Powerlines). I pretty much agree with him and not just because we have the same turntable and phono stage.

Posted on: 05 January 2019 by Mike Hughes

I’ve a Powerigel for all my kit bar a Powerline on the 200 after much experimentation. More than 1 Powerline gave me less. It simply didn’t work. 

Posted on: 06 January 2019 by Michael_B.
Mulberry posted:

Hi Michael,

I went from the standard power cords to a single Powerline and from that to the Igel Plus. Not exactly what you are thinking about, but perhaps of some use. Have you ever compared the Powerline with the standard cord? If you know the difference between these, the Igel gives you that and a certain amount of ease and refinement on top.

A reviewer  in Germany described the Igel Plus as the perfect combination of flat (the Igel) and round earth (the Powerlines). I pretty much agree with him and not just because we have the same turntable and phono stage.

Thanks. Sadly, I’ve never auditioned a Powerline.

Posted on: 06 January 2019 by Michael_B.
Mike Hughes posted:

I’ve a Powerigel for all my kit bar a Powerline on the 200 after much experimentation. More than 1 Powerline gave me less. It simply didn’t work. 

Thanks, that’s interesting.