pre-out on Naim Uniti Nova

Posted by: Powderfinger on 08 January 2019

Hi - I have just purchased a Nova which is really great; however in the past I have been archiving vinyl to FLAC files via a high quality phono stage, using the record out on another amp (now sold).  The Nova's pre-out seems to be set to a very low output which my ADC (Furutech) will not recognise at a high enough level.  Is there a way to change/increase the output of the Nova's pre-out signal - or is it set?

thanks very much

Posted on: 08 January 2019 by J Saville

It's a pre-out, and not a Line-out as you would require. So the volume output is dependent on the Nova's volume control.

The Nova doesn't have a line-out at all. 

Can you not just plug your phono stage directly into the ADC? 

Posted on: 08 January 2019 by ChrisSU
J Saville posted: 

Can you not just plug your phono stage directly into the ADC? 

I believe the Nova digitises the analogue inputs (presumably for multiroom etc.) then puts it through the DAC, only for the OPs ADC to digitise it again. Seems a bit messy!

Posted on: 09 January 2019 by Powderfinger

Thanks to you both for replying - I think I am clear now about the output.  I wanted to be able to monitor the music as I digitise it.  Yes, I think I will have to run the turntable direct to the ADC (which is really good and has both MC and MM inputs - just not in the same league as my main phono pre-amp) and then either take a line out from the Furutech back to one of the Nova's analogue inputs - or use headphones (which is less preferable).  

Best wishes