Cd5i reads CDs but won’t play them...

Posted by: Boaz on 08 January 2019

Hello friends,

I have a problem which prevents me from playing music.... My CD player (5i2) reads the CDs with no problem, but won’t play them. I tried to replug everything from the start but it didn’t helped. I connected an old DVD player instead, and it played well (through Supernait 2). 

What seems to be the problem?

Can anyone help...

Boaz.

Posted on: 08 January 2019 by mpw

hi

how can you tell the CD5i reads the discs ?

regards

Posted on: 08 January 2019 by Boaz

Because it shows the tracks number immediately. No errors, just no sound...

Posted on: 08 January 2019 by Richard Dane

So, it reads the TOC but then what happens when you press play?  Nothing? or just spins up and hunts? Or spins and stops?

Yes it reads the tracks and indicates the cd leanth immediately, but plays no sound. The cd spins and it also shows the running time while playing. But no sound through the speakers.

Thanks Boaz.  which output do you have selected?  Din (O) or RCA Phono (oo)?  Press and hold DISP on the CD remote and then toggle between them.  You can have both selected at the same time (O oo), but there is a performance penalty for this.

I’m not sure what it means...

i didn’t change anything on my setup, it suddenly stopped playing... maybe my daughters played with the remote control? I’m not sure. The amplifier is set to CD and mute button in not pressed.

This might just be the problem...

how do I toggled between the input options? I pressed “disp” button on the remote and it shows me “0” option. 

When you have pressed and held the DISP button and got to see the current output socket on the display (O = DIN) then pressing the DISP button toggles through the options.  Then press and hold to exit. 

It may well be that someone has had a bit of a button press on the remote and change the output socket selection.

Thank you my friends!

kate bush can sing agian...