Flickr

Posted by: Don Atkinson on 08 January 2019

I use Flickr to host my photos for posting on the Forum.

I have tried several times today to access my Flickr account, but the site suggests there is a problem.

Is this just me, or do others have this problem ?

Posted on: 08 January 2019 by Fabio 1

No problem here,Don.

_DSC6770

It works.

Posted on: 08 January 2019 by Tony2011

Nope, all good here!

Untitled

Posted on: 08 January 2019 by AndyP19
Tony2011 posted:

Nope, all good here!

Untitled

Ooooo that is a thing of beauty. I'm going to guess and say a 1968 EB0?

Posted on: 08 January 2019 by Kevin-W
Don Atkinson posted:

I have tried several times today to access my Flickr account, but the site suggests there is a problem.

Don, Oath, who are the new owners of Flickr (and SmugMug) are going through a few changes. One of the things they're doing is putting a 1,000 picture cap on Free accounts (with a Pro account you can upload as many as you like). Just tested my (Pro) account and everything seems hunky dory. Did you have a free account with more than 1,000 pics?

Hopefully Oath won't make as much of a hash of things as Yahoo! did.

AndyP19 posted:
Tony2011 posted:

Nope, all good here!

Untitled

Ooooo that is a thing of beauty. I'm going to guess and say a 1968 EB0?

Spot on, Andy. Unfortunate no serial number so not sure (now sold!) if it was the real McCoy but definitely a beauty to handle.

Posted on: 08 January 2019 by Don Atkinson
Kevin-W posted:
Don Atkinson posted:

Don, Oath, who are the new owners of Flickr (and SmugMug) are going through a few changes. One of the things they're doing is putting a 1,000 picture cap on Free accounts (with a Pro account you can upload as many as you like). Just tested my (Pro) account and everything seems hunky dory. Did you have a free account with more than 1,000 pics?

Hopefully Oath won't make as much of a hash of things as Yahoo! did.

I was planning to stay with my Free account. I only have about 500 pictures on their site and I don't see me reaching 1000 any time soon.

Today saw another one of their adds trying to persuade us Freebees to join the Pro option at a 15% discount for the first year. I had difficulty turning the advert off, and then I keep getting a page that says Flickr has a problem that they are fixing !

Electricity to you

Well, somehow I managed. But I don't know how.

It seems i'm being bullied into signing up for the Add-Free Pro option. I've resisted, but its a nightmare !

Anybody know how much they charge for the Pro service ?

Posted on: 08 January 2019 by Kevin-W

[@mention:1566878603928182] - I pay about £48 a year. All tax deductible... As well as a few thousand public snaps I have about 15,000 other pics (all hidden) on there as it's a relatively cheap and safe cloud backup. Saves me filling my computer hard drive up with crap pics that I don't want but which clients might.

Thank you Kevin

Cheers, Don

Kevin-W posted:

[@mention:1566878603928182] - I pay about £48 a year. All tax deductible... As well as a few thousand public snaps I have about 15,000 other pics (all hidden) on there as it's a relatively cheap and safe cloud backup. Saves me filling my computer hard drive up with crap pics that I don't want but which clients might.

Careful, Kev. Remember Ratners?

Posted on: 14 January 2019 by ChrisSU

You might be pleased to find that the new forum does not require a third party image hosting service, just stick the images straight into your post and that’s it.