Younger Brother - Vaccine

Posted by: blythe on 08 January 2019

listening to Radio Paradise a few days ago, I heard a track I rather liked called "Spinning Into Place" by Younger Brother. It's from an album called Vaccine so I downloaded it.

Although it's from 2011 I've never heard of them or it but, I'm loving the whole album :-)

Is anyone familiar with their music? My best description is a mix of Public Service Broadcasting and Chung King. (ish)

Posted on: 09 January 2019 by Mercky
blythe posted:

listening to Radio Paradise a few days ago, I heard a track I rather liked called "Spinning Into Place" by Younger Brother. It's from an album called Vaccine so I downloaded it.

Although it's from 2011 I've never heard of them or it but, I'm loving the whole album :-)

Is anyone familiar with their music? My best description is a mix of Public Service Broadcasting and Chung King. (ish)

yep, introduced to them via RP also, Shine is another good album

Posted on: 09 January 2019 by Nick Lees

All the Younger Brother albums are excellent, and part of the extended family that includes Hallucinogen, OTT, and the mighty Shpongle!

Posted on: 09 January 2019 by Stevee_S

I like all Younger Brother's music to date and as Nick Lees says above, Hallucinogen and Shpongle are fab and well worth checking out, the constant presence through the three bands and projects is Simon Posford. 

Posted on: 09 January 2019 by pixies

Agree with above, excellent music. Their other albums are The last days of gravity and Flock of bleeps. Definitely give Shpongle a listen as well (try Ineffable Mysteries from Shpongleland for starters). Thanks to Stevee_S for getting me into them in a big way, as he has mentioned them a few times on this forum.

Posted on: 09 January 2019 by PaulM160
pixies posted:

Agree with above, excellent music. Their other albums are The last days of gravity and Flock of bleeps. Definitely give Shpongle a listen as well (try Ineffable Mysteries from Shpongleland for starters). Thanks to Stevee_S for getting me into them in a big way, as he has mentioned them a few times on this forum.

+1

Posted on: 09 January 2019 by dknk

Their album art is so Pink Floydish, love the music. My favourite album is Vaccine. 

Posted on: 09 January 2019 by J.N.

I liked and downloaded 'Train' from 'Vaccine' Martin, and can also recommend 'The Last Days of Gravity' album which I have on CD.

John.

Posted on: 09 January 2019 by karlosTT

Oddly (well, it surprised me), I didn't like Vaccine at all.  But then Vaccine Electronic came out and it was as if Younger Brother had never left the room.   Perhaps a different flavour to the earlier stuff if I'm honest, but really very good anyway.....

Posted on: 09 January 2019 by blythe

Thanks for your input - I did do a search on the forum but found noting, hence my decision to post.
Thanks to all for other album suggestions which I shall investigate once I'm home in the UK. (Currently in Australia for a while).