Tablette 10, Totem Sky standmounts

Posted by: Iconoclast on 09 January 2019

Just wondering if anyone has compared these two speakers.

Posted on: 09 January 2019 by MangoMonkey

Having heard both at different times, with different electronics, in different rooms (so take this with a big grain of salt) - I'd go with the Totem Skys.

Posted on: 09 January 2019 by Iconoclast
MangoMonkey posted:

Having heard both at different times, with different electronics, in different rooms (so take this with a big grain of salt) - I'd go with the Totem Skys.

Already have, just wondering if I made the right decision. Unable to audition Tablettes at this time.

If you like the Totem Skys, you have made the right decision. If you don't, you've made the wrong decision. Independent of how the Tablettes sound. :-)

If you're from Canada, you've certainly made the right decision.

what does the rest of your system look like? What room size?

Posted on: 09 January 2019 by Iconoclast

They do a few things quite well but maybe not the most natural sounding speakers I've owned (hence the Proac) but I did a really good deal on them (even by Canadian prices).

Nait XS 2, room is about 20x10', with 3 1/2 walls. The 1/2 opening up to an adjacent room. Speakers are facing the long wall at one end (not firing down the length) Neighbors below so need to be careful with overloading with too much bass.

Side thought - why don't I see more B&W on this forum? Could have picked up some 705 S2 at a good price as well but some preconceived notion steered me away from them.