The sincerest form of flattery - the new NAD Master's Series M10 Streaming Amplifier

Posted by: michael G on 09 January 2019

NAD Master's Series M10 Streaming Amplifier, 100 wpc.  $2500.

Posted on: 09 January 2019 by Alley Cat

It's gone

Posted on: 09 January 2019 by james n

Posted on: 09 January 2019 by Ardbeg10y

I'm sure the screen can't be turned off and it takes ages before the streaming services work.

Posted on: 09 January 2019 by Bert Schurink

I have a NAD AV receiver, and have to say that I very happy with it, as it’s easily adaptable to new technologies coming out, and scores high on quality of sound. I assume this will be as well a decent device...., but I will not consider to exchange my ND555 for it...

Posted on: 10 January 2019 by Klout10

Looks very nice indeed!

Posted on: 10 January 2019 by Mercky

a little dearer but similar price to an Atom then, looks quite tasty and it appears they made better use of the screen too

Posted on: 10 January 2019 by Mike Sullivan

100W!! That would blow the Uniti’s out of the park. Be interesting to see the audio reviews.

Posted on: 10 January 2019 by Mike-B
Mike Sullivan posted:

100W!! That would blow the Uniti’s out of the park. Be interesting to see the audio reviews.

Yes the reviews might be interesting;   not least to find out what HybridDigital & Hypex nCore amplification is.   I suspect Class-D & SMPS is in there,  but will be watching for the reviews & especially the more technically focused from the likes of Stereophile,  they at least cut through the marketing hype mumbo-jumbo.   

Posted on: 10 January 2019 by Rich 1
Mike Sullivan posted:

Whilst it's probably a good unit, watts on their own don't mean much. 

Posted on: 10 January 2019 by Gazza

Most of the Hifi mags have measured the Nova at over 100w into 8 ohms, despite its rating of 80 w by Naim. Per Rich,s comment it does not really give you much of a clue as to how a product will sound with a given pair of speakers.

Posted on: 10 January 2019 by Woj

wow. I used to have NAD CD Players and amps since teenage years only 8 years ago decided to switch to Naim (the first gen Uniti and now Star). This looks good. Interestingly they declare that there will be amazon music support, Alexa, Siri...but the best is ' ..as you approach the M10 the high resolution touch screen beckons as the graphic changes from ‘now playing’ to ‘control panel’ allowing many operations directly from the front panel without opening an App' - oh! this is convincing. 

I just hope that this competition will make our beloved Naim developers to seriously improve the user interface/expierence of the current Unity series.

I have listened to a couple of amplifiers based on Hypex modules in Chelteham, UK and I think they are excellent. Obviously it is matter of taste but there is a huge potential there, but currently the ones which sound really good are, not surprisingly,  quite expensive.

Posted on: 10 January 2019 by Sloop John B

The BluOS ecosystem is very good too.

with every nearly service imaginable available. I have a Bluesound powernode 2i and 2 Pulse flex speakers and a Pulse soundbar all utilising the BluOS. Roon ready of course as well.

It will be interesting when people hear both, somehow I'd expect most here to prefer the Naim product for sound.

.sjb