RCA output from Rega Aria - RCA or DIN input on 252?

Posted by: Bart on 11 January 2019

I've read the FAQ about why Naim have chosen DIN over RCA.  But Rega have not.  So my question is, should I expect better results connecting my yet-to-arrive Rega Aria to my 252 via an RCA-DIN interconnect vs. RCA-RCA?  Have the benefits of DIN been "lost" because of RCA at the Rega end??

Posted on: 11 January 2019 by Richard Dane

All else being equal choose a Din input over RCA phono. 

Posted on: 11 January 2019 by Japtimscarlet

Agree with Richard

But I'm using aria into my 252 and getting great results with just a standard £80 QED phono to phono cable

Posted on: 11 January 2019 by Drewy

I’m just using an old Chord Solid RCA interconnect between my Aria and 552. The only itch I have at the moment is to possibly upgrade it when I get time.

Posted on: 11 January 2019 by Adam Zielinski

Having owned both the Aria and 252 - I’d say RCA to DIN is a better choice. I had good results with Chord Signature.

Posted on: 11 January 2019 by Michael Mccullough
Bart posted:

I've read the FAQ about why Naim have chosen DIN over RCA.  But Rega have not.  So my question is, should I expect better results connecting my yet-to-arrive Rega Aria to my 252 via an RCA-DIN interconnect vs. RCA-RCA?  Have the benefits of DIN been "lost" because of RCA at the Rega end??

Absolutely go RCA-DIN... I'm using a KLE-DIN from Witchhat which is great bang for the buck. 

I also added a Rega Reference Mains Cable on advice from the Aria owners here. Big step-up in performance for the price. 

Posted on: 12 January 2019 by Bart

I "found" a nice nearly-new SL RCA-DIN on the popular US audio wares site at under half of brand new price so I'm taking a shot!