Playing a playlist on ND5 XS

Posted by: BiggsyBoy on 12 January 2019

Hi,

Probably a newbie question but I have a playlist on my uPnP server that has about 3000 tracks on it. When I select the playlist on the Naim app and choose ‘Play’, I get a message saying 95 songs were added and that’s all it will play.

Can I get it to play the entire playlist?

Cheers

Posted on: 12 January 2019 by Gavin B

There a 500 song limit as far as I know.

Posted on: 12 January 2019 by ChrisSU

Yes, 95 sounds odd, the app limit is 500. What streamer do you have? With the old models, there is a workaround that allows you to play longer playlists, but it doesn’t work on the new models. 

The app seems to give a couple of messages about the number of tracks loading for bigger lists, but I think it does carry on loading.

Chris - remind me of the workaround, please

Gavin B posted:

Chris - remind me of the workaround, please

Just start play using the remote/front panel, then go back to the app, and you can see what’s playing and control it. 

The new streamers can’t do this as the fancy Zigbee remote, bizarrely, will not control the UPnP input. 

Posted on: 12 January 2019 by BiggsyBoy

Cheers all. Funnily enough I’d figured out the remote/front panel option, it just seems weird that the app seems to limit to 95 which is a weird number to choose imo.

If it helps at all I’m using the Naim app on iOS and playing to an ND5-XS

There may be something odd going on with your server or network, as the app limit is definitely 500. Is it always exactly 95 tracks in the queue?

What happens if you add several albums to the queue, does it still stop at 95?

Posted on: 12 January 2019 by BiggsyBoy

Well I just had another go, this time I got “95 tracks added”. I then went to the queue and started scrolling through to count the number in the list. Whilst I as doing that I got a second message saying “405 tracks added” giving me the 500 limit mentioned earlier. Guess that sort of explains things though why it’s adding the tracks in two batches is a bit of a mystery.

Thanks for your help though, good to know about the 500 track limit, much appreciated 

Strange, maybe your network is somehow limiting the rate at which the list loads up, although the amount of data involved will be tiny, as the tracks don’t all load straight onto the streamer in one go. Still, at least you have it working. 

These were the messages I was referring to earlier - I get the same thing