Tidal Albums Still Getting Cut Short

Posted by: Gavin B on 12 January 2019

This issue was discussed a while ago and I thought it’d been sorted or at least gone away, but...

I’ve been trying to play some recommendations from the Music Room thread but I’m getting the same issues: all songs load into the queue but the album stops after one or two songs and the queue is emptied.

Was there any update on this?

Posted on: 13 January 2019 by Mike1951

NAIM seem to be playing this one close to their chest. The support desk have told me twice, that NAIM are working on the problem which is caused by an unannounced change in the Tidal software.

There was no answer to my query as to why it has not been covered by announcement/update in these forums.

I queried Richard Dane on here and received no reply.

For what it’s worth, I’m now getting intermittent play-through of entire playlists and albums, so perhaps positive changes are taking place. They did say that the problem would be fixed “early” this year...

Posted on: 13 January 2019 by Richard Dane

Sorry Mike I didn't see your message to me on here. I can't really add anything - I'm not a Tidal user, mainly thanks to poor internet infrastructure around here - however, if Naim say they're working on  it, I'd take them at their word, and would imagine it's something quite important to fix as soon as possible. Failing that, send Naim an email or give them a call on Monday.