Access to Qnap Files

Posted by: musica on 12 January 2019

In trying to access files on a Qnap Nas using Q Finder on a Windows 10 pc I am being asked to enter “network credentials” Can anyone explain what this means and where I find this information. I do not recal having ever given my network a user name or password..The NAS shows up on the pc network and on the Q Finder so I guess it is not a connection issue but more likely a file sharing issue.Certainly not something I have come across before. Any help would be appreciated.

Posted on: 13 January 2019 by trickydickie

You will (or should have) have setup a user when you setup your NAS.  Then when you created your file shares you will have said which users are allowed to access the share. This is the information you need to enter.

It’s your NAS asking for authentication before it will let you see the files.

You can setup users and managed shared folders in the Qnap control panel in the web interface.

Posted on: 13 January 2019 by Huge

It's asking for the username and password of the user account on the NAS.

You should have been prompted to set this when setting the NAS up (or there may be a default username and password).

You can probably use the username and password you use to access the NAS via Q Finder (unless you've changed the security settings on the NAS)

Posted on: 13 January 2019 by fatcat

If you haven't set up a nas password.

The default user name is admin, the password is admin.