Unitilite Error 61 - cranky CD transport

Posted by: Lanky on 13 January 2019

I have a 3.5 year old Unitilite which has worked great until recently. I went to use the CD player which has only been used for a handful of times, to find that it refused to recognise some CD's & even with the ones that it loaded it stopped after a couple of tracks & said dirty disc. I contacted Naim Support who told me the CD transport needed replacing.

I decided to try a factory reset after which it displayed Error 61 - BridgeCo init fail, I turned off the power & the error code cleared. It played CD's that it wouldn't previously after this, but on random play kept stopping. I decided to try a factory reset again & again got the Error 61 afterwards & again turning off the power cleared it.

Amazingly the CD transport now works perfectly (apart from the sticking drawer which has happened from new!). 

My question is does the Error 61 mean there is a fundamental problem with my unit or is it just a software glitch?

Can I expect the CD transport to play up again?

Posted on: 14 January 2019 by Coll

I had a x to

My drawer on my Unitilite but now I leave it on all the time the problem has stopped.