Kudos

Posted by: Johnny5 on 13 January 2019

What speakers are better kudos titan 606 or pmc twenty 26.?

Posted on: 13 January 2019 by 911gt3r

Isn’t it short as it is long?! ????

Posted on: 13 January 2019 by ChrisSU

Titan 707 and 808 for starters!

Posted on: 13 January 2019 by Johnny5

The twenty  5 26 yes is longer

Not asking about 707 or 808.

Posted on: 13 January 2019 by Timmo1341

Impossible question to answer. All you’ll get are individuals’ preferences, which are worthless.

Posted on: 13 January 2019 by MangoMonkey

I heard the pmc 20.26 - they do everything well, but nothing exceptional. I guess what they’re exceptional at is not doing anything wrong.

but that made them kind of boring to listen to.

the pmc25 is a different story - the 25.23 were laid back but fast and engaging enough, while the 20.23s were kind of slow. So maybe the 25.26 are improved. Don’t know.

I prefer the kudos super 20s to the 20.26s. You can extrapolate to the 606s

Posted on: 13 January 2019 by Pcd

Speakers are a very personal choice you must listen and decide which you prefer.

Posted on: 13 January 2019 by hungryhalibut

Which (and it’s which, not what) root vegetable is better, a swede or a parsnip?

Posted on: 13 January 2019 by osprey

…and grammar police strikes again. 

Posted on: 13 January 2019 by ChrisSU

At least give us something to go on. What’s your system? Have you got some speakers now that you’re looking to improve on? Budget? What areas of sound quality are you looking to improve?

Posted on: 13 January 2019 by Bart
hungryhalibut posted:

Which (and it’s which, not what) root vegetable is better, a swede or a parsnip?

Here we call a swede a rutabaga

Posted on: 13 January 2019 by AndyP19

What guitarist is better Jimmy Page or Eric Clapton?

Posted on: 13 January 2019 by TOBYJUG
AndyP19 posted:

The Edge.

Posted on: 13 January 2019 by Tony2011

Hendrix!

After you, TJ.

Posted on: 13 January 2019 by The Strat (Fender)
TOBYJUG posted:
AndyP19 posted:

The Edge.

That’s a good joke.  

Posted on: 13 January 2019 by The Strat (Fender)

To the OP if you’re looking to accompany Naim electronics you might think about Neat or Dynaudio.  But as has been said very much personal preference, and more critically is down to room interface.   On that point Kudos are largely room friendly.  

Regards,

Lindsay

My system 300dr, nac252, xps2, cdx2, supercap Dr. So speaker change is on the cards currently using pmc twenty 5 23. I have not heard titan 606 yet but I did demo twenty 5 26 which are very good but a bit too big for 16 /12 f room but I still could live with them. 

Posted on: 13 January 2019 by Chris Dolan

I think the Kudos Titan 606s are wonderful but I’m much more a Kudos person than a PMC person 

Posted on: 13 January 2019 by MDS
Chris Dolan posted:

I think the Kudos Titan 606s are wonderful but I’m much more a Kudos person than a PMC person 

Off topic, but I'm rather surprised that you haven't popped up on the football thread after this afternoon's game, Chris.  

I compared the kudos S20s (1/2 the price of the 606s) and the pmc 25.23s last week. (Search for kudos x2 upgrade thread).

Ultimately they were not even able to replace my X2s.

heres the sad part - they sounded pretty much the same fed from ndac/nac72/HicapDR/250DR/naca5 as from the nd555/552/500/SL.

what I did like about them - but still can’t part with 6K US for them - is that they timed well, and were relaxing to listen to. Engaging too. I picked up this from some other web blog - you could relax into them.

there no such chance with the kudos. These are engaging speakers to listen to and demand attention. 

Maybe its just the difference of mid forward (kudos) vs recessed mids (pmc).

so really, a difference in presentation.

i would not buy either without a home demo.

oh - pmc 25.23 does instrument separation better - or more in your face. So it’s more - audiophilish. Pieces of music I heard stuff I never heard before. Which is not necessarily a good thing. Putting the kudos back on, I heard those instruments / but they did not draw attention to themselves. Maybe the PMCs are more gimmicky, less musical.

the pmc 25.23s / treble more smooth and polished, pleasing. These are more listenable than the kudos. With the S20s, Miles Davis trumpet sounds like a trumpet / so you might listen to less of Miles music. With pmc - it’s sounds more pleasant. 

Anyway - this compares 25.23 with s20s. Not sure you can extrapolate to the 25.26s be Titans 606s.

iI’ve  got a trip planned to my closed dealer. Want to compare the 606 and 707. 

S20s sounding so amazing to night listening to Zoe Keating / I’m wondering why I need to spend another 10K...

@Chris Dolan - did you compare the 606s and 707s? How do they compare to the S20s?

Posted on: 13 January 2019 by fathings cat

Interesting thread, I guess it goes to show that there are many flavours out there and one isn’t necessarily “better” than another - room compatibility, asthetics, cost etc. are all factors

A good dealer is best employed to help navigate the multiple choices.

Gary

Posted on: 14 January 2019 by antony d
Johnny5 posted:

What speakers are better kudos titan 606 or pmc twenty 26.?

Johnny

can't find your system on your Bio, I have on a numder of occastions lisened too the T606 which for me was a great experience, depth for sound, focus and devliery of music a great speaker, not herd the PMC ones, yet

I have to admit to being a little of a Kudos fan esp the new range of T - from T505 to the stunning T808

the Kudos range is easy to drive so to anything from 250 up on the T606, and although they are a floor standing speaker they are not that large and very pleasing on the eye as well as they ear!

Posted on: 14 January 2019 by MangoMonkey
MangoMonkey posted:

I compared the kudos S20s (1/2 the price of the 606s) and the pmc 25.23s last week. (Search for kudos x2 upgrade thread).

Ultimately the PMC25.23s were not even able to replace my X2s.

heres the sad part - the PMC 25.23s sounded pretty much the same fed from ndac/nac72/HicapDR/250DR/naca5 as from the nd555/552/500/SL, while the S20s got better every steP along the way from sn2 to 282/250 to 552/250 to 552/300 etc.

what I did like about them - but still can’t part with 6K US for them - is that they timed well, and were relaxing to listen to. Engaging too. I picked up this from some other web blog - you could relax into them.

there no such chance with the kudos. These are engaging speakers to listen to and demand attention. 

Maybe its just the difference of mid forward (kudos) vs recessed mids (pmc).

so really, a difference in presentation.

i would not buy either without a home demo.

oh - pmc 25.23 does instrument separation better - or more in your face. So it’s more - audiophilish. Pieces of music I heard stuff I never heard before. Which is not necessarily a good thing. Putting the kudos back on, I heard those instruments / but they did not draw attention to themselves. Maybe the PMCs are more gimmicky, less musical.

the pmc 25.23s / treble more smooth and polished, pleasing. These are more listenable than the kudos. With the S20s, Miles Davis trumpet sounds like a trumpet / so you might listen to less of Miles music. With pmc - it’s sounds more pleasant. 

Anyway - this compares 25.23 with s20s. Not sure you can extrapolate to the 25.26s be Titans 606s.

iI’ve  got a trip planned to my closed dealer. Want to compare the 606 and 707. 

S20s sounding so amazing to night listening to Zoe Keating / I’m wondering why I need to spend another 10K...

To clarify - I own both the S20s and X2s - added more details in the quote above

Posted on: 14 January 2019 by Chris Dolan
MangoMonkey posted:

@Chris Dolan - did you compare the 606s and 707s? How do they compare to the S20s?

I’ve listened to both the 606s and the 707s and also the 808s quite extensively. I’ve also had a brief listen to the 505s and plan to revisit those. 

I could not house the 808s so they were a benchmark but never a possibility. I really liked the 707s but I thought the 606s were more articulate and musical and fun.

I‘m a big Super 20s fan - I love mine - and I so wanted to be able to say that as the last link in the chain the difference was not fundamental. 

Whike the S20s are great, The Titans are at a different level, as they should be. The obvious difference is the bass quantity and quality, but everything steps up. 

In my room the Titans do not sit where the S20s did. They are significantly further from the back wall and wider apart. I love them.