System Pics 2019

Posted by: hungryhalibut on 20 December 2018

Welcome to System Pics 2019.

To start things off, here is a picture of my setup. The only thing that has changed since last year is the addition of a maple Fraim to match the speakers. 

Posted on: 14 January 2019 by Gazza
nigelb posted:

It is a great shame that HH and Ewemon will not be joining the new forum. I have probably followed the contributions of these two more than any others, HH for kit and Ewemon for music.

I do however understand the desire for a break and hope both will look in and possibly join in the new forum sometime in the future.

For now I would like to thank you both for your valuable and informed contribution over many years.

I would echo the thoughts to both of you from @Nigelb and just take a sabbatical while the new site sorts itself out. I have only been around since 2017 but appreciate the music and kit info. As for HH always be grateful for the invite and organising the trip last April to Naim HQ....hope you get your 372 or whatever they call it this year .

Gazza

Posted on: 14 January 2019 by Innocent Bystander

I never got around to posting a system pic here - partly because it is not Naim, and partly because there is nothing much to see, though I was planning on trying something after someone requested recently in my PMC-ATC-triamping thread.

But thanks to all for some interesting pics (and some that certainly are different from my idea of nice) - and in particular thanks to HH for the thread, and, in case my entry elsewhere is overlooked, I, too will miss your informative, knowledgeable and helpful posts, and your very direct approach which I find refreshing, if occasionally a bit sharp - and one less person to carry the flag of proper English language into the new thread - perhaps I need to fill in for you...  All the best with your future life outside the forum, likewise anyone else leaving, not to return.

Posted on: 14 January 2019 by spurrier sucks
ewemon posted:
hungryhalibut posted:
S3 posted:

Sorry to hear that Nigel. Why will you not be joining the new forum? Won’t you miss it?

If you look at my recent posts you will see. I’m not going to sully System Pics by repeating anything here. It’s time to move on, into the sunny uplands of life outside the Naim Forum. 

A lot of members will be sorry to see you go more than they would me as some of your posts have been very informative. I don't post in the Hi Fi thread because I haven't heard a new bit of NAIM equipment in almost 20 years as I live so far away from my nearest NAIM dealer.

Funnily enough though I have been looking around as well and thinking about moving on, not because of the new froum but because I think I need a break.

Maybe withdrawal symptoms will kick in and I will join the new forum and start posting again but I seem to upset so many people that sometimes I don't feel it is worth being on the receiving end of some snide comments.

Probably should have posted this in another thread.

Noooooooooooo!!!! Don’t do it! The influence is strong with you. Would be a far worse forum without your post. You embody enjoy the music in your post.