52 installation

Posted by: Wolf2 on 17 September 2008

Quick question on installing my 52. I have no idea what the 2a and 2b plugs are for.
I take it
3 is for CD
4 tuner
5 vcr
6 Superline which now becomes the phono.

Anyone able to help me?
Posted on: 22 September 2008 by Patrick F
If at all possible try borrow a hicap and a 4 to 5 din and try it on another input.
its carries power to the superline and also carries the audio signal back to the 52.
Posted on: 22 September 2008 by Wolf2
My dealer said to bring the Superline up to him for a direct exchange, one channel is not working. I have to take my old and dear 82 and Hicaps up for him to sell. I might just hold on to one of those hicaps and get that 4-5 din.
It is worth it to have a dedicated power source on the superline. and it improves the 52.

also have you tried switching the TT leads to be certain it is the superline and not something else.

left to right right to left. to see if the issuer follows the switch or not.
Posted on: 23 September 2008 by Wolf2
well, now I'm totally surprised, I got home after 4 days away and the TT leads are reversed as I'd left them. Now BOTH channels are working. Tomorrow when I have time I'll switch them back and see if anything causes a problem. Also try a few of those basic loading plugs to see what they do.

I don't know if it was the rest/warm up period, but Elton's "Madmen Across the Water" sounds fantastic.

I will hold on to one of those Hicaps and get a 4-5. I've already paid for it years ago.
Posted on: 23 September 2008 by David Dever
You're not using Eichmann Bullet plugs on the tonearm leads, are you?
Posted on: 24 September 2008 by Wolf2
Sorry David, do you have a pic of EBPs?

That sounds like a warning......
Here's a pic of my plugs. This is easier I hope. what's wrong with them? Not the best.

What is it about BNC that makes them so great?
sorry forgot pic, HA!