CAMPAIGN TO STOP COLD CALLS

Posted by: BLT on 14 November 2003

I'm completely fed up with double-glazing/kitchen/conservatory companies calling me at home to try and flog their wares. With some of these companies (i.e. Living Design) I have requested several times that they do not call me again - but to no avail. I have now decided on a new tack - when they call I am going to request that they send a salesman round. When the salesman turns up I am going to tell him to bugger off. If they waste my time I feel I am justified in wasting theirs. If everyone starts doing this nationwide it will mean the end of these bloody calls.
Posted on: 26 November 2003 by oldie
A few years ago we used to have double glazing tele sales mainly just as I started my
evening meal, so in the end I invited one of them round.He arrived as arranged, after dark and having keptng him inside explaining his product/cost etc. for about 3 hours then, when he finaly asked what style I prefered, I just opened the curtains and said this style, his face was a picture of confusion. He went on about wasting his time etc. so I just reminded him that my time was just as valuable to me as his was to him, and if he had taken the trouble to look at the house as he arrived he would have noticed that it was fully double glazed.I explained to him that anymore repeats of these offers would be met with the same invitation
since that day there has been no more phone calls.

oldie.
Posted on: 26 November 2003 by Kevin-W
Quote from Monkfish
When you do get one of these unwelcome calls, just utter the magic word and they bugger off immediately. "UNEMPLOYED"

I find the word "journalist" works quite well also.

And if you ask them if they've ever experienced "the love of our Lord, Jesus Christ', they disappear quite quickly (and if you are troubled by God-botherers, asking them if they've read the Koran makes them scarper).

If someone rings you up offering insurance or pensions I find a statement to the effect that you are richer than Croesus and that you aim to fritter away your fortune on whores, drugs and booze and then commit suicide is most effective.

Kevin
Posted on: 02 December 2003 by Steve Toy
What about those text messages:

You have won £3000. To claim your prize ring this [premium rate number] This is the second notifiction that you have won your prize. The first was on 2/9/03.

I've only had this phone and this number since 30/9/03... Confused

Regards,

Steve.
Posted on: 02 December 2003 by Steve Toy
Why?

You don't actually expect to win any money do you?

Regards,

Steve.