NDac HD Settings

Posted by: Timbo on 31 January 2013

Hi - I have just downloaded three albums from HD tracks which sound very nice. However, when I play the Rolling Stones - Get Yer Ya Ya's Out at 176kHz/24 the two lights on the NDac do not light up, only the one. All my other HD downloads from various places do register with the NDac and both lights come on. I have enquired with HD Tracks and the material is, they say definitely the correct resolution.

Anyone else had this problem.

Tim

Posted on: 05 February 2013 by Chris Murphy
That is right. Naim servers do not support 176 as an spdif output. I used DBPoweramp to up the file to 192. It doesn't do 88. Only 192 and 96
Posted on: 05 February 2013 by Aleg
Originally Posted by Chris Murphy:
That is right. Naim servers do not support 176 as an spdif output. I used DBPoweramp to up the file to 192. It doesn't do 88. Only 192 and 96

Hi Chris

DBPoweramp does all frequencies, but you have to use the Resample DSP add-in (in the lower box of the convert window) to get all sampling frequencies.

-

aleg

Posted on: 05 February 2013 by Simon-in-Suffolk

I agree with the comment that if you can't play 176, then I would expect less arithmetic rounding errors and degradation of the sampled signal by resampling by halving Fs to 88kHz rather than going to 192