What wine are you drinking today ?

Posted by: TOBYJUG on 19 June 2016

Was most disgruntled to find that one of the best threads has CLOSED, so if no one minds I'll start it again.

£8.00 from Marks and Sparks. Very good Rose.

Posted on: 10 October 2016 by kevin J Carden

Just uncorked this beauty. Bought direct from the maker on a trip this Summer to Macon/South Burgundy. Supposedly the junior wine from the house, but as I sometimes find fine Burgundy whites just a little to rich and buttery, I think it's super. Wish I'd bought more..

Posted on: 10 October 2016 by Christopher_M

^  Talk about largin' it. And it's only Monday!

C.

Posted on: 14 October 2016 by naim_nymph

Cantele Negroamaro, Salento IGP 2014

This is lovely [and for less than £10 a bottle] and with my fave pasta cheese dish this evening : )

Debs

Posted on: 14 October 2016 by Christopher_M

^ Glad it's good Debs. I find the label desperately uninspiring.

Chris

Posted on: 14 October 2016 by ekfc63

Its Friday night after a hard week. Need top pull something above average from the cellar. Thinking Chateau D'Issan 2006.

Read on Cellartracker that its drinking well, despite being so young.

Posted on: 25 October 2016 by rodwsmith

I do try (very hard, honest) not to do this here, because I get to try a lot of very nice wine in my job and I don't want to come across as a pretentious wanker, but this - tasted last Saturday in Wuhan (China) - was just one of those wine experiences. 

Occasionally, such wines transcend all others and remind me why I do the job I do. The silky, mouth-coating texture, layer-upon layer of diverse yet seamlessly integrated flavours, and supremely long aftertaste - all the hallmarks of a great wine. I can still recall - exactly - the taste.

Dread to think what a bottle costs these days, and I'm glad that I wasn't paying for it, and that the person who did knows how to avoid the (many) fakes around in China. Actually, a faker would have 'made' an 1982. But as this wine demonstrated, '83 was in many cases just as good, and occasionally better as a vintage.

Ausone 1983.

Still very alive after 33 years.

Posted on: 25 October 2016 by GraemeH

Very nice. I was in Wuhan last November Ron...Rice wine was the order of the day, with our hosts playing a 'toasting' game leaving one jusht shlightly psht.

G

Posted on: 25 October 2016 by Christopher_M

Eeeek. Well it is a school night, Sainsbury's Taste The Difference Languedoc (grenache, syrah, carignan). A very decent wine for the money and on special at the moment. The complementary white is glorious, fresh and just that little bit of oily complexity.

C.

Posted on: 27 October 2016 by GraemeH

A Picpoul de Pinet crisp offering from Lidl...very nice!

G

Posted on: 29 October 2016 by arf005

Cork nice and intact for an '83 - I'd be crapping myself if I were opening it.........

Posted on: 29 October 2016 by Romi

When we are low on finance but need some form of alcoholic refreshment we get Sainsburys own Pinot Grigio Blush (Rose) - £4.50. Its a dry Rose but very nice when served super chilled..!

Posted on: 29 October 2016 by GraemeH
Romi posted:

When we are low on finance but need some form of alcoholic refreshment we get Sainsburys own Pinot Grigio Blush (Rose) - £4.50. Its a dry Rose but very nice when served super chilled..!

That's all the time for us...so thanks for the tip !

G

Posted on: 11 November 2016 by kevin J Carden

Côtes du Rhone. Montirius, Gigondas, Terre des Aines, 2013. Grenache & Mourvedre.

Sacrilege, perhaps, that I'm about to drink it with an M&S pizza ! Luverly!

Posted on: 11 November 2016 by hungryhalibut

We don't do posh very often, but the boat is being pushed out tonight, with a tuna recipe from Antonio Carluccio. Yum. 

Posted on: 17 November 2016 by John Willmott

Birthday today .. starting a tad early just to get in the mood for later.  This is quite a remarkable Shiraz, Southern Australia ..

Posted on: 17 November 2016 by winkyincanada
GraemeH posted:

Very nice. I was in Wuhan last November Ron...Rice wine was the order of the day, with our hosts playing a 'toasting' game leaving one jusht shlightly psht.

G

No kidding. That Chinese toasting thing had me as drunk as I've ever been in my life (some 20 years ago).

Posted on: 17 November 2016 by GraemeH
winkyincanada posted:
GraemeH posted:

G

No kidding. That Chinese toasting thing had me as drunk as I've ever been in my life (some 20 years ago).

Interestingly Winky I didn't have much of a hangover.

G

Posted on: 18 November 2016 by Chalshus

Im having a 2009 Lorenzo Alutto Barbaresco together with a stew based on ecologic dairy cows, mushrooms, root vegetables dried tomatoes. A great combination.

Posted on: 25 November 2016 by Loki

Macon fuisse, Domaine Hibert, 2014, just released, bought en primeur, naturellement. Sensationelle! 

Posted on: 25 November 2016 by Erich

Posted on: 02 December 2016 by hungryhalibut

A lovely wine from Pedroncelli, that we bought from The Wine Society. 

Posted on: 15 December 2016 by Richard Dane

Les Darons 2013.  I bought some of this on a recommendation last year.  I took a couple of bottles with me to spend a weekend with friends.  It was good.  Very good in fact, particularly in view of the fairly modest price.  So good in fact that over the summer I was in France and decided to pick up a few cases.  My friends wanted some too.  Only a case and half left though, so I bought them.  For the cost of a daily drinker this one is a definite cut above.  Something tells me these aren't going to last long.  I wonder what the 2014 and 2015 vintages are like..?

Here's a link to the label image courtesy of Reversewinesnob.com

Posted on: 16 December 2016 by naim_nymph

Gifted to me as a thank you prezzy.

Actually quite nice and drinkable for a 6 quid bottle of plonk from Sainsburys : )

Debs

Posted on: 18 December 2016 by Chalshus

Today I opened a bottle of Maydie Tannant. Sweet, fresh dessert wine from Madiran in the south of France. Made like a Port wine. Great with some cinnamon buns. 

Posted on: 21 December 2016 by sheffieldgraham

A well known vintage in Sheffield.

Sorry, couldn't resist.