Music on Special Offer Thread?

Posted by: sjt on 14 December 2016

I am wondering if it would be legit to have a thread in here dedicated to music album downloads from legitimate retailers that are currently on special offer.

As an example I was just looking through the what are you listening to mega thread just now and came across the Melody Gardot record because someone was listening to it. I have wanted this for a while but it was always expensive (about 20 quid). On a whim I went over to a place I usually go to buy music downloads and by a blind stroke of luck it was on special offer at just over half price. Deluxe edition is cheaper than the standard edition! I bought it straight away.

So I thought it might be a good idea to have a thread dedicated to posting albums that are on special offer at the moment with not-so-subtle hints as to where you could get them from, when the offer expires and how much is knocked off etc, so people could see instantly anything that was on special. It would certainly be a thread I would come back to often.

I did a search and couldn't find anything like this in the forum, but usually the searches on these forums are rubbish so this is not a guarantee!

There might need to be a few rules, e.g. the poster has no affiliation with the seller, only legitimate download shops / sites etc.

Just a thought still in the half-bakery...

Posted on: 24 December 2016 by fathings cat

For the Lou Reed stuff what Qobuz  "membership" do I need premium?

regards

gary

Posted on: 24 December 2016 by Harry

Looks like Qobuz have fixed the Lou Reed anomaly. It's still listed at the bargain price but when you add it to basket the full price comes up.

Posted on: 24 December 2016 by Simon-in-Suffolk

I was obviously lucky - my purchase for the Lou Reed 96/24 box-set on Qobuz went in at 10.04am  at £8.39, and I have received the Paypal receipt confirmation confirming I have been charged for that amount...  it appears however perhaps it was too good to last.

Gary - the purchase required no membership other than a login account.

S

I have been trying various permutations of browser and accounts and have succeeded in getting the Lou Reed collection for £8.39. Fantastic. 

I went in with Firefox with an empty cache, got the bargain price in the shopping basket and created a new account to stop the price flipping back to the full amount. A bit fiddly but worth the ten minutes it took me to figure it out.

I originally joined Qobuz on their French website and although I communicate with them in English, they seem to regard me as a French customer. I don't think the offer is available in France so the website, having recognised me, would not process the offer. I also logged on as an anonymous visitor using a French VPN connection, which resulted in the album being displayed at full price. I might be wrong about this but it seems a logical explanation. Helen is now a proud UK Qobuz customer And she likes Lou Reed - so that's a win win.

Posted on: 24 December 2016 by Nick Lees
Harry posted:

Looks like Qobuz have fixed the Lou Reed anomaly. It's still listed at the bargain price but when you add it to basket the full price comes up.

Just downloaded at £5.59 (Sublime price), but even at ordinary rates it's still £8.39.

Yes Gary. It was just me being a troublemaker again.

But if anybody manages to fall down the same hole, a work around exists.

Posted on: 24 December 2016 by Timmo1341

Ive never used Qobuz before, but its just taken me approx. 3 minutes to sign up and buy the Lou Reed Collection!! What a terrific bargain. Thanks to the OP.

Posted on: 24 December 2016 by ted_p

ANDYP19

"Lou Reed RCA/Arista 17 album set on 24 bit for - £8.39"

Tank you for bringing this to the forums attention, albums downloaded this morning, now separating into individual albums with mp3tag.

Edward

Posted on: 24 December 2016 by Bert Schurink

I am not a Lou Reed fan, but I don't get all of your excitement. Yes the listed album is cheap for me 6.99 euros. However you get 17 albums of Lou Reeds for 37 euros........, so if I would be in the market for Lou Reed I would go for the 17...

Posted on: 24 December 2016 by docbot

QOBUZ again - Elvis '70s Album Collection 24/96 21 albums for £2.24 on Sublime. Not really my thing but for £2.24!!!!

http://www.qobuz.com/gb-en/alb...resley/0886445556766

Posted on: 24 December 2016 by Dougie Danger

Result. Downloading as I type.

Nice one.

Posted on: 24 December 2016 by sjt

That Lou Reed one is indeed a result. This one is the current leader in songs per monetary unit!

This one I think I have seen before on this forum, but I just bought it: Amazon UK - Leonard Cohen: "The Complete Studio Albums Collection" - £19.58 on CD. I think its got about 10 records in there. I don't know much about Cohen so I thought this would be a good intro. Its rather bizarre that the CD version with free MP3s is 20 quid, and the MP3 version alone is £43...

Posted on: 24 December 2016 by Dougie Danger

Lou downloaded and Leonard on order. 

Result 

I need to stop spending and go to bed  

Cheers. 

Posted on: 24 December 2016 by ted_p

Elvis '70s Album Collection 24/96 21 albums

Downloading as i type.

Must stop reading this tread so i can go to bed.

Edward

Posted on: 25 December 2016 by Harry

If it was the 50s I'd be in.

Posted on: 28 December 2016 by Muntic0re

I am fond of Norwegian music. But since I moved to China I can't stream music without web anonymizer or vpn, found on https://myipservices.com . It brings a lot of problem, these lags with Apple Music are so annoying.

Posted on: 28 December 2016 by sjt

Some Bob Dylan 24/96 about half price on Qobuz. I got Blonde on Blonde for £7.51. Only 3 days left apparently.

Posted on: 28 December 2016 by sjt
sjt posted:

Some Bob Dylan 24/96 about half price on Qobuz. I got Blonde on Blonde for £7.51. Only 3 days left apparently.

And I got Blood on the Tracks for the same price

Posted on: 29 December 2016 by docbot

Lou reed now back up to £67.89 on sublime but still in the sale, reduced from £97. The v. low price must have been an error!!!! Thanks for the spot Andyp19.

Posted on: 29 December 2016 by Dougie Danger

Jack Savoretti album Sleep No More on Vinyl reduced to £7.99 on the big river site.

At that price I just had to buy it.

Posted on: 30 December 2016 by Chris G

Bruckner complete symphonies 1-9 on SWR Music label conducted by Michael Gielen just £15.99  16 bit CD quality, from Qobuz, downloaded just now.

Posted on: 01 January 2017 by Stevee_S

Just received an email from Sound Liaison, their winter sale has 50% off DSD and 33% off their fine PCM & FLAC recordings.

http://www.soundliaison.com

Posted on: 01 January 2017 by sjt

Sort of breaking my own rules here. Not a special offer but cheap!

Dexter Gordon - Go - Qobuz 24/192 (lower res if you want it) - £5.23

I have seen quite a few Blue Note records on Qobuz that seem to be duplicates and have sometimes wildly different prices. For example, you can buy what appears to be the same record as above for £13.81 on Qobuz.

Posted on: 01 January 2017 by Dougie Danger

Thanks SJT. Just put it my basket.

Some of the pricing on Qobuz seems a bit all over the place at the moment with some albums shown at reduced price but when you click on to its at full price. They will probably sort it out over the next few days but still frustrating.

Posted on: 03 January 2017 by Jeroen20

Free FLAC winter sampler, download with code PPWINTER at Primephonic

You can choose for hires FLAC format.