???????????? Summer and Holidays ???????????? ???????? Greetings To You All ???? ????

Posted by: Peder on 01 July 2018

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? 

Hi,..I would like to wish everyone here at Naim's Forum,a Happy And Enjoyable Summer.

I live 1000 km north of Stockholm,in Sweden,..attaching two image links.

? The first is a summer-picture that I have taken today,1/7-18. It's 25 degrees C hot.
? The second one is taken this winter,it is 25 degrees C cold.

Both pictures have the same view from my house,which is located 800m from the centre of the small town I live in.Then you see the difference between summer and winter here in northern Sweden.

In the background of the summer picture you see a lake,which is centrally located in town.

Nice holiday..... ????

/Peder ????.

???? Summer picture from my house.
Https://i.imgur.com/RiE6HL2.jpg 

???? Winter picture from my house. https://i.imgur.com/2py5SsT.jpg

Posted on: 30 July 2018 by Tabby cat

Hi Peder,

Thanks for a lovely detailed reply.Very desent of you.Next time I am with Kristina I will show her your Sour Herrings post.I am sure she will be well aware of it being a fellow Swede.Yeah your Goldwing must be like a comfy armchair.The drummer from The Canadian Rock Band Rush, Neil Peart used to spend his off the road time doing long tours on his own across the States on a BMW touring bike.I think he embrassed the freedom and solitude that the bike brought him and gave him time to reflect on his life as he had lost his wife and daughter threw medical illness.

Wishing you a fine week

Cheers Ian  

Posted on: 30 July 2018 by PSAN
Tabby cat posted:

Hi Peder,

Thanks for a lovely detailed reply.Very desent of you.Next time I am with Kristina I will show her your Sour Herrings post.I am sure she will be well aware of it being a fellow Swede.Yeah your Goldwing must be like a comfy armchair.The drummer from The Canadian Rock Band Rush, Neil Peart used to spend his off the road time doing long tours on his own across the States on a BMW touring bike.I think he embrassed the freedom and solitude that the bike brought him and gave him time to reflect on his life as he had lost his wife and daughter threw medical illness.

Wishing you a fine week

Cheers Ian  

Not that it matters much but Neil Peart's daughter tragically died in a solo car accident and his then wife died shortly after from cancer (with Neil Peart commenting that she died of a broken heart). I can't begin to imagine his pain but he tackled it in an admirable way.

Posted on: 30 July 2018 by Peder

???? TABBY CAT,Ian and PSAN,.....When you talk about Neil Peart in Rush.
Unimaginable to get through such a tragedy, but I think as you say Ian..That he got power by embarking on the road with his bike.
Not having to think about anything,...just drive away.

I just needed to go to the nearest town (40 km), to "clear the brain" after an ordinary stressful day.

But..we shall be happy that we are not artists, who must stand on stage and deliver to 100% regardless of what has happened in private life.

As I read a lot about Tina Turner recently, I'll take an example of what I mean by....." The Show Must Go On ".....???????? 

?At the Australian leg,Tina's long-time pianist Kenny Moore suffered health problems and died in Sydney,New South Wales.
Kenny had worked with Tina since 1977.Chuck Booker replaced Kenny Moore for the remaining dates,and the band dedicated every performance thereafter to him.
--------------------------------------------------------

???? Kenny Moore,1951-1997.

Your presence lit up our lives, your personality, your singing and playing will be impossible to replace.
We all miss you and love you and will remember you always as "The Ambassador of the Tina Turner Band".

-------------------------------------------------------

This happened in the midst of a World Tour in Australia.
They cancelled a few gigs,..but then it was... "The Show Must Go On again".....

Think of,that be able to stand on stage,and deliver Rock'n'Roll at the highest level ahead of sold-out World Arenas..a few days after Kenny's death.

But every time Tina sang "On Silent Wings" on this tour after that,she had tears in her eyes.

Same as Neil Peart in Rush,..they have a profession where they constantly have to deliver on top,.....no matter what has happened privately.

/Peder

Posted on: 02 August 2018 by Peder

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? 
Hi,..I would like to wish everyone here at Naim's Forum,a Happy And Enjoyable Summer.

----------------------------------------

When I wrote this above a month ago (1/7), I never thought we would get such a summer.... with heat record everywhere in Europe.
Right now this morning (at 08.30), it is already 29 degrees C in the shade,wind Still,blue sky and roasting sun.

Hope anyway despite the warmth that everyone is doing well,..I sat at:24.00 yesterday night and listened to music with headphones in the garden...this to cool off me.

This weekend they say that in southern Spain and Portugal it can be up to 50 degrees C warm.
Longs almost to snow and winter as in the picture below....????????????????.

???? https://i.imgur.com/Ep4Kc3F.jpg

/Peder???? 

Posted on: 02 August 2018 by ChrisSU

I’m certainly glad I haven’t booked a holiday in Spain this week! Just had a very nice week in Italy, where it was ‘only’ 35 degrees at most, not so much hotter than it has been in the UK. With temperatures in the high 40s I would think seriously about cancelling. 

Posted on: 02 August 2018 by Mike-B

Yup,  +40'C is not so much fun.    Last year I was in Dubai for a few days meeting & munching with old friends & even the locals were complaining with 48'C.   The last day I had nothing to do prior to the overnight flight & as it was overcast with dust haze I decided to give the hotel pool a go,  at least for as long as I could stand it.    The haze meant no direct sun as such, but a gentle breeze,  regular drinks, swim, flop on the sunbed & repeat;  I found it surprisingly very nice & ended up spending all day there even with temps in the upper 40's.

Posted on: 02 August 2018 by Bob the Builder

I was in Spain the week before last and the heat is on another level entirely. 

Yes the weather at home in England is beautiful at the moment and long may it continue but it is nothing like the ferocious heat in Spain in the late afternoon and it was still a beautiful 30+ degrees at 11pm. 

Posted on: 02 August 2018 by Peder

I think the sometimes high humidity is the worst thing to endure.
This weekend it was raining a lot a day and night.
The next day when the sun came up again,it became so hot and humid that it almost couldn't be breathed.
The sweat ran constantly ????.

I have driven my bike down on the continent when it was 38-42 degrees C warm in the shade,then imagine in the sun...not even on the autobahn cools it then.
It feels like there is no speed wind.

Here in Sweden,hospital refrigeration does not manage to keep the hospitals cold,so they have had to close up operations.
This is because of the risk of infection.

So there will be many societal problems that arise in this summer heat.

/Peder ????

Posted on: 02 August 2018 by Fabio 1

Agreed Peder,humidity is terrible.Yesterday here in Milan we had 36° (in the city center even more)but umidity makes you feel much more.Unbearable.

Hey do

Posted on: 03 August 2018 by Mike-B

I was just reading a report on a heat wave in London in 1858 (population 2.5 million) in a year they called the Great Stink.

Temperatures of over 30'C (not scientifically qualified with ISO & no Met Office in those days)   no refrigeration, impossible to keep food fresh & no functional sewerage system,  everything you didn't want ended up in the River Thames, chamber pots, new-fangled flush lavatories, road gutters (surface sewer from the less affluent), decomposing food, industrial waste, incl animal parts from abattoirs & chemicals (slime) from leather tanning factories  ..........  get the picture & think about the smell ???     In Thames itself drownings & suicides were common & bodies were rarely recovered  ...........  now do you get the picture & how about the smell now ???    On top of this, everything was horse-drawn - so the streets were full of massive piles of horse sh manure, now imagine the flies swarming on this ............ get the picture smell now ???

I might be happier at my clean & fresh smell free, if slightly humid, 30'C++,  braai & afternoon/evening party tomorrow.

Posted on: 28 August 2018 by Peder

???? MIKE-B,....interesting flashback in time,one forgets fast how it was before.

The smell must have been terrible ????.

But now it feels like it's time to sum up this thread,we'll soon we go into September and the autumn is approaching.Most people have had their holiday,or maybe only have a week left.

Up here in northern Sweden,we have a lot of berries in the forests.....Cloudberries, blueberries and lingonberries.

Cloudberries and blueberry-season are running out,and soon the lingonberries are ripe to pick.
Something we are spoiled with up here in northern Sweden,especially cloudberries are my favorite berries.

Thanks everyone who greeted in the thread,I may not have had time to reply all...but this thread was aimed at everyone here on the forum.
? FABIO 1,...Well I will obviously return to Italy.
I have many wonderful memories from there.

As you may know,we have bright nights up here all summer,therefore it feels extra cozy to now start playing music inside again...when it's getting dark evenings and nights again.

Hope you all get nice music moments now,as we move towards autumn.

/Peder ????

Posted on: 28 August 2018 by Innocent Bystander

Interesting summer, started of nice and warm, ended up damp and cool (=normal August!).

Bookended as normal by the most lively local weeks in the year, my summer included a trip to Tuscany, a family gathering and wedding, some good friends visiting, a good early honey harvest, a good crop of vegetables, the odd work hassle . . . and a good bit of music playing between it all.  And as usual, all over too fast!

Posted on: 28 August 2018 by Bob the Builder

Don't write this summer off just yet temperatures are set to rise again at the weekend and I have a feeling and all of my fingers and toes crossed that the summer will carry on well into September.

Posted on: 28 August 2018 by Innocent Bystander
Bob the Builder posted:

Don't write this summer off just yet temperatures are set to rise again at the weekend and I have a feeling and all of my fingers and toes crossed that the summer will carry on well into September.

The long range weather forecast for Britain suggests that might possibly be the case if you live in the Sout East of England - but a lot of people don’t...   of course, the long range weather forecast is rarely very accurate, so we can all live in hope!, 

Posted on: 03 September 2018 by Peder

Hi ????????

As I wrote in my last post,so....despite a few protests,it's time for me to sum up this thread.

I do this with two pictures from my city (Boden),..where I live.
In my first post in this thread I added two images,the first image was a summer picture.

In the background of that picture you will see,if you watch carefully a lake,that lake is located in the middle of the city....300 meters from my house.
Now I end this thread with adding two pictures from that lake.

On one picture you see Boden's church in the background,..and in the mountains further back in the picture there is a ski slope.

On the right side of both pictures you will see a restaurant with lake-themed,..on the outdoor terrace,it usually in the summer be Live-music.
It's very nice to sit there and have a beer while listening to Live-music.

For you will remember,that we have bright summer nights up here in northern Sweden????????.

Picture 1.
???? https://i.imgur.com/0NMmLm2.jpg

Picture 2,with the church in the bakground.
???? https://i.imgur.com/IRbG541.jpg

I have taken these pictures today.

Have it now good,as we start going into the autumn darkness.

/Peder ????

Posted on: 03 September 2018 by Fabio 1

Nice places Peder.How many degrees do you now have there?

Posted on: 10 September 2018 by Peder

???? FABIO 1,....Just that day,..on 3 September, when I took that picture..it was 21 degrees C hot in the day.

It has been that every day from 3 September to today,..and blue skies and glorious sunshine. But at nights it is only between 7-12 degrees C hot.

The weather has changed,..in November and December it can switch between rain and 5 degrees C warm..to 5 degrees C cold at daytime.
Only at the end of December and January, February it wont get colder and get more snow...sometimes much more snow ????????.

? Previously,..we always ended the motorcycle season,by going down to the Mosel-valley in Germany and visit their Wine-Festivals.

Or to a village called Roden...a little south of Groningen in North Holland. Where there was a week of festivities with floral-carnivals etc.

We did this the last week in September,and came back at the end of the first week of October.

One time when we had 400 km left to drive on the way back,it was 5 degrees C cold...it was also in the evening so it was dark.

It was about 2000 km one way to drive,from my hometown to Roden in Holland,..so a round-trip of 4000 km. A lovely last motorbike trip before the winter.

? Excuse Fabio 1,..That you had to wait for the answer.

/Peder ????

Posted on: 11 September 2018 by Peder

I have to supplement with this,..this is funny...

We usually have here in northern Sweden,..the best summer-weather in Sweden.
This year we ended up in 3rd place in Sweden, regarding the most sunny hours this summer.

But many still believe that we almost have snow year the year around ????.

Below a picture of a postcard that existed for maybe 40 years ago,it was developed as a way to joke with those who lived in southern Sweden.

But believe it or not,..many people actually thought that there were polar bears on Boden's streets,after seeing that postcard.

This postcard has been famous in Sweden.
Below the picture of polar bears at Bodens streets..???????????? 

Polar Bears at Bodens Streets.
???? https://i.imgur.com/Cml5Xcu.jpg

/Peder???? 

Posted on: 14 September 2018 by Peder

I have checked up when this postcard above was produced,..it was at the end of the 1960 century,..So no Photoshop at that time in other words ????.

/Peder ????