????...WHO..?

Posted by: Peder on 22 July 2018

....... WILL TAKE OVER.. ?

???? Had the privilege to see a legend last night...Graham Nash.? 
This above wrote Dan Steel in the Concert thread just now.

I started thinking,..have had that idea before,too.
Think all these great artists.......

?The Rolling Stones.
? David Bowie.
? Rod Stewart
? Paul McCartney.
? Mark Knopfler of Dire Straits.
? Bryan Adams.
? Elton John.
? Joe Cocker.
? Eric Clapton.
? Lionel Richie.
? Stevie Wonder.
? Paul Simon.
? Kenny Rogers.
? James Ingram
? Tina Turner
? Billy Joel.
? Michael Jackson.
? Diana Ross.
? Dionne Warwick.
? Willie Nelson.
? Al Jarreau.
? Bruce Springsteen.
? Kenny Loggins.
? Steve Perry.
? Daryl Hall.
? Huey Lewis.
? Cyndi Lauper
? Kim Carnes.
? Bob Dylan.
? Ray Charles.
? Harry Belafonte.
? Lindsey Buckingham.
? Bob Geldof.
? Bill Gibson.
? Chris Hayes.
? Waylon Jennings.
? Bette Midler.
? John Oates.
? Smokey Robinson.
? Aretha Franklin.
? Phil Collins.
? Ray Cooper.
? john Illsley.
? Midge Ure.
? Red Dwight.
? Howard Jones.
? Niel Young.
? Gun’s & Roses.
? AC/DC.
? Led Zeppelin.
? John Fogerty.
? Cher.
? Queen.
etc,etc,etc…….. 

All of these have played for decades,from at least 1960 onwards.
True artists and musicians,who have gone the long way and learned their "profession" from the ground and up,and grown through experience. Played at small clubs,worn their own loudspeakers and amplifiers....learned to have audience contact and slowly grown as an artist and human.

Most of them operate even today in different ways,some are out on their farewell-tour.....Elton John,Paul Simon etc.
Cher is coming soon with a new album.!

They are all also at least 60-75 years old ????, and "Still Going Strong".

Also see in this music tip threads here, many,many tips on music from just these older times......1960 onwards..
????Mine a little depressing thought is,....WHO should take over from these artists and bring the flag forward.?
Have the capacity to fill World Stadiums for decades....not I think it's Justin Bieber anyway ????.

As I see it,we need these artists who have the capacity to fill World Stadiums,..it helps other artists to come forward.
I remember when Bruce Springsteen pulled in over Sweden 1985 with the "Born in The USA Tour"...all of Sweden lived up,it was written in the newspapers for weeks about this.!!

So my maybe a little gloomy faith in the future is,while the hifi interest decreases.....
? Where are we heading really.?
? Who wants this "mainstream" music produced today.?
? Who will take over the musical baton and fill World Stadiums in the future as....

- John Fogerty
- Gun’s & Roses
- Rolling Stones
- Tina Turner
- Freddie Mercury,QUEEN

With several great artists done for decades.?

Timeless music that lasts for generations,is not forgotten after a few months,or a year.

Just a thought this Sunday afternoon.....

/Peder ????

Posted on: 08 October 2018 by Peder

I'm sitting in a restaurang and reading this,..What does the word "kudos" mean in your writings.?

/Peder????

Posted on: 08 October 2018 by Innocent Bystander

And to come back to Peder’s question, who will take over? Obviously the Bootleg Beatles, the Counterfeit Stones, Who’s Who, Think Floyd, etc...

Posted on: 08 October 2018 by Innocent Bystander
Peder posted:

I'm sitting in a restaurang and reading this,..What does the word "kudos" mean in your writings.?

/Peder????

Praise and honour, typically won for an achievement.

Posted on: 08 October 2018 by Peder
Innocent Bystander posted:
Peder posted:

/Peder????

Praise and honour, typically won for an achievement.

???? Innocent Bystander,....Thanks,.as in Sweden,many words that I will use to describe one thing on,you don’t find in English.
In any case,not the words we use in swedish,..not even on Google translate etc.

Ex: Would describe 3 different types of dedicated cable we use when we draw dedicated cable to the music system.
There are no such words in english,..So I took the easy way..Ignored the whole thing.

Sin..for we have tested which cable that sounds best.

/Peder ????

Posted on: 18 October 2018 by Peder

????Considering which ones Will Take Over.....

Found an interesting picture,..I recognize a Mega Superstar..on the right side of the picture.

On the left I'm almost sure,..but the guy in the middle,very unsure.

I do not mention names yet,see if any of you know the name of these three.
The guy on right side probably all knows ????.

???? Who are these three.? ???????? 
      https://i.imgur.com/Fv3uQOh.jpg

/Peder ????

Posted on: 18 October 2018 by Nick Lees

Well, it’s Jim, Jimi, and at a guess Danny Elfman on the left.

Posted on: 18 October 2018 by AndyP19

Looks like Jim Jimi and Bruce Lee.

Posted on: 19 October 2018 by Peder

???? AndyP19,....I think you're right,it's probably from the left,..Bruce Lee, Jim Morrisson and Jimi Hendrix.

I was a bit shocked when I saw the photo,..Bruce Lee was a Karate-Legend,and pure living-man.
It can not be said about Jim and Jimi ????.

So I thought,it can't be Bruce Lee..What do they do on the same photograph.
Trained Karate myself from 1980 and twelve years ahead,..3-4 times a week.
So Bruce Lee at that time,was one of my role models.

But you are a bit shy about guessing,..It is exactly 100 people here that looked at the post,but only two who dared to guess which people were on the picture ????.

Well,a pretty unique picture,..Three Mega Superstars on the same image,one of which is a Karate legend.

/Peder ????

Posted on: 06 November 2018 by iliria
Nick Lees posted:

I think there is more very good music being made these days than ever.

However, I also think there is nowhere near the amount of great music being made.

The whole point is that what you call good to someone else may be great and what you call great to someone else may be rubbish.

I probably wouldnt listen to half of the artists that the OP mentioned even if the best vinyl pressings or master tapes were given to me for free. In fact, who are Kenny Rogers or James Ingram or Al Jarreau???

Posted on: 06 November 2018 by French Rooster

For me some artists like Elton John, Cheer, Cindy Lauper, Lionel Richie....should not be on this list.

Posted on: 06 November 2018 by Bert Schurink

I think what has happened also now is that it has become more difficult to establish a long career as the music business as such also become different through streaming etc. So even while I think there are a lot of talented people out there, the careers are shorter, so it’s more difficult to get to the stature of some of the ones on the list.