What Radio Station Are You Listening To Today And What's On?

Posted by: Bob the Builder on 06 October 2018

As a radio lover I'm always interested in new stations and new shows. So I'll kick off with a firm favourite.

Naim Internet Radio 320kpbs 

I love the mix on this station especially the classical selections that I'd never normally listen too.

Posted on: 10 December 2018 by Christopher_M

Clue on R4. Good value. Look out for the Welsh pronunciation guide. And the IKEA furniture.

Posted on: 11 December 2018 by Christopher_M

R4. Award-winning American comedian Alex Edelman talking of the trials of being a millennial. Good on nouns being used as verbs. He feels people who use nouns as verbs should be 'funeralised'.

Posted on: 11 December 2018 by Skip

Streaming Jazz 88.3 San Diego is very good.

Posted on: 24 December 2018 by Christopher_M

John Wilson presenting Mastertapes on R4 as I finish wrapping presents. The subject is Don MacLean. 

Best line so far: 

Wilson: ‘so is such and such a song ,a song of catharsis?’

Maclean: ‘No. I don’t do catharsis. It’s a song of love and loss. 

Posted on: 24 December 2018 by Bob the Builder

Now I have a UQ2 back in my system access to FM, DAB and iRadio is instant although DAB isn't usually worth the bother and unless I get a big  aerial up neither is FM so radio listening is exclusively internet radio.

Listening to Linn Jazz last night on 320kpbs was very nice indeed.

Also listened to David Rodigan's latest show a greatest hits of 2018 show on Demand on 1Extra, excellent.                                                                           

Posted on: 24 December 2018 by Richard Morris

Audiophile Jazz, playing Limehouse Blues by Al Cohn and Joe Newman at 320kb/s.

Posted on: 24 December 2018 by Alfa4life

https://www.piratefm.co.uk/radioplayer/christmas/

Posted on: 25 December 2018 by Christopher_M

Bob, There’s a wealth of knowledge and helpful advice here from people like Mike-B, S-in-S and others, if you ever wanted to explore what FM can give. 

Posted on: 25 December 2018 by trickydickie

I like the 'Audiophile' selection of stations, i.e. Audiophile Jazz, Baroque, Classical and Lounge.  Ad free and 320kb/s they sound pretty good.  

Posted on: 26 December 2018 by Mercky
trickydickie posted:

I like the 'Audiophile' selection of stations, i.e. Audiophile Jazz, Baroque, Classical and Lounge.  Ad free and 320kb/s they sound pretty good.  

They’re based in Greece in case anyone is searching on vtuner

Posted on: 26 December 2018 by Mike-B
Bob the Builder posted:

Now I have a UQ2 back in my system access to FM, DAB and iRadio is instant although DAB isn't usually worth the bother and unless I get a big  aerial up neither is FM so radio listening is exclusively internet radio.                                                       

Hi Bob,  iRadio brings such a selection of stations its hard to see what FM can do better other than quality.

Your local transmitter is Whitehawk Hill, its the main DAB & also the infill TV & FM transmitter to overcome the hill shadow area that you get from Rowridge (IoW).   And altho' low power you will be able to suck in a reasonable signal via your TV aerial if that's where you get your TV from.  It has BBC R1, R2, R3, R4, & Sussex, plus Classic FM, Heart & all the DAB's.   Also It might be worth a try the same if you're on the Rowridge transmitter.   With iRadio as you primary radio service, if you've also got FM & DAB on your UQ, why not use what you can with what you have.  

Posted on: 08 January 2019 by Christopher_M

The Long View on R4. Worth a listen for anyone interested in today's Brexit debacle and thinks it's all new.

Now One to One which explores how fear of failure can limit our life choices in a discussion with a composer. His parents 'beat him up' when he played the piano badly as a child.