Opinions please on upgrading my streaming system

Posted by: SMH on 29 October 2018

I currently have NDX 2 - Supernait 2 as preamp - NAP250DR - PMC25.24 - Roon on Mac serving files and Tidal over network. 

The NDX2 is improving all the time as it is running in and i’m very pleased with the way it sounds (it replaced a usb connected Hugo2 from my Mac)

I would like opinions on what people think might sound best if my upgrade budget was around £4k I have two currently very different thoughts but would welcome others. I listen to tidal maybe 65% of the time and my Flac ripped CDs the rest of the time

1) naimXPS

or

2) melco N100  and tellurium Q ultra black speaker cable (my current cable is QED revelation was less than £200 for 4m pair)

Any thoughts?

Posted on: 06 January 2019 by nbpf
SMH posted:

Thank you everyone for all your advice a couple of months ago, I have now replaced my supernait 2 and am the happy owner of a NAC282 & HICAPDR as a front end to my NAP250DR. I have also put an optic fiber link in between my router and my NDX 2, I used the ifi power supplies (that do active noise cancellation on the power) to drive the fiber optic transceivers to try and avoid reintroducing noise from a normal cheap switch mode power supply. I’m very happy with results and really enjoying my music.  

Congratulations and ... enjoy the music! Best, nbpf