Tidal. I cannot play any new added content added since September.

Posted by: Chris 179 on 22 November 2018

Hi All,

This is a new thread created from Tidal -Qute 2, after it was thought that the true problem was being masked by the title.

Since early September I cannot play any new content added to Tidal, It appears to be coincident with the release of the new Naim app.

The new content can be played direct on the Tidal app, but results in connecting, can't play, skipped on my streamer. via Naim app.

Please read the Tidal Qute 2 thread for information already collected.

Streamers with problems reported N172,N272, MU- SO and Qb.

Please try playing for example DELTA, by Mumford and sons via the Naim app and report if you encounter the problem.

Thanks

Chris

Posted on: 27 November 2018 by TK421

Hi Morten,

I tried the playlist that you mention and funnily enough get exactly the same results as you.

I have just tried calling Naim Support however all lines are busy. Will try again shortly.

Mike.

Posted on: 27 November 2018 by Hmack
Skaara posted:

I have another test that could be quite interesting:

On the What's new playlist section in Tidal there is a a playlist called "Bob Electric". Right now it is 5th highest (5th most recent) of Tidal's own curated playlists in the What's new section. 

It would be great if people in here could test by pressing play playlist and see what tract starts. For me every track until  in the playlist is skipped until it reaches Missin U by Robyn (track 32 in playlist). If I press next after that track 33-41 are also skipped and the next one that is played is Desire's Tears from Heaven.  

Cheers, 

Morten

Well, I can tell you that it's not an issue with Tidal itself nor an issue relating to region (UK) availability.

I have tried playing the playlist on both my Linn Kazoo and MConnect apps. Both play the playlist from track 1 correctly.

Looks like it may be a problem with Naim's implementation of Tidal?

Posted on: 27 November 2018 by Hmack

Looks like it might have been a temporary issue. 

I have just used the Naim app to stream the playlist and it plays correctly on my Muso from track 1.

Posted on: 27 November 2018 by Peg

I have just gone through this thread and tried every track, album and playlist that people are having problems with and all have played fine.  I have an Atom and the IOS app, latest firmware and latest app.  Not sure this helps but not everyone is having problems with Tidal.

Posted on: 27 November 2018 by Chris 179

Good evening contributors to this thread and any future readers.

The problem has been identified by naim, thanks to Mark Bonner and the software team .

My understanding of the situation is and don't quote me because I am no technical person .

Naim have identified A bug in the software of the naim app. However this was not visible until tidal have recently changed the output of the 320 K stream from MP4 to MP4a.

This effects certain naim streamers on a certain platform. If you are a Hi Fi Tidal subscriber receiving your stream at 44.1khz Flac Then you should not be effected.

A solution to the problem is being sourced and will be released on the next naim app update

Hope this helps and once again thanks to all contributors as your information has been instrumental to pin pointing this problem.

All hail the power of a forum .

Chris

Posted on: 27 November 2018 by TK421

Many thanks Chris.

I never thought to mention that I am a subscriber of the £9.99 p/m variety.

This does make sense and also explains why not many forum members were having the same issues as us.

I have now spoken with Naim support but not to Mark they are calling me back tomorrow.

ATB,

Mike

Posted on: 27 November 2018 by Skaara

Thanks Chris, also not a HiFI subscriber, so that makes sense to me. 

Morten

Posted on: 27 November 2018 by jGolf53

Hey Chris -- In an earlier thread that Chris started...I complained that I had the same recurring problem with Tidal....and listed all of my failed measures to correct the problem.  So on a lark...I replaced by 3 year old iPad Air with a new gen iPad Mini 4...same current iOS running the same Naim app.  After several days of experimenting....guess what....the damn thing (Tidal streaming) work flawlessly as it had prior to Sept on my NAC- N272.  Including these new tracks and albums discussed earlier.  Go Figure! 

But, I will keep a wary eye on this.......

cheers....

Posted on: 27 November 2018 by Chris 179

Hi

Will be speaking to naim, tomorrow and will pass your comment on.thanks greatly

chris

Posted on: 03 December 2018 by Icehockeyboy

I to have experienced a couple of albums not playing: Cilla with the Royal Philarmonic Orchestra (Don’t laugh!)

And David Crosby Here If You Listen.

Both play streamed through the Tidal App as said elsewhere 

*Too, not to!

stupid draggy ipad keyboard!

Posted on: 03 December 2018 by Chris 179

Hi,Ice hockey boy .

If you read through to the end of the thread you will see the answer to the problem which is still being fixed

Chris

Thanks Chris!

Posted on: 28 December 2018 by fathings cat

Had a chat with my dealer and he recommended using a different device so gave it a go on my I phone 6 and everything is playing as per design on my NDS. Tried again from my relatively new iPad and no go. Very strange.... but happy to use iPhone until fixed 

Gary

Posted on: 28 December 2018 by Chris 179

HI,

Thanks for your post. I feel you are dealing with a slightly different set of circumstances, as the problem as I understand is caused by the output stream changed file type from Tidal. I like you cannot see how using a different browsing item can change a file type.

Here is the reply I received from Naim :-

Hi Chris

We have been seeing a lot of issues with compatibility between Naim products and the new music file type that Tidal has recently introduced. However our software techs are well aware of the problem and have been and are working on a fix for it that will be a part of the next software update which should be available in the early part of the new year, most likely in February. I apologise that we can't be of more immediate help on the matter but rest assured that the matter is in hand.

Kind regards
Henry
As diagnosed the fault is only encountered if you have a normal Tidal sub. Hi- Fi ( £19.99 ) accounts 44.1KHZ Flac not affected.
Regards

Chris
Posted on: 28 December 2018 by TK421

As a result of the above, I eventually decided to bite the bullet and upped my Tidal subscription to HiFi. Unsurprisingly, it has all been working perfectly ever since.