52PS Converted to Supercap in 2008

Posted by: Bob the Builder on 23 November 2018

I have just bought an Olive Supercap which was converted from an early 90's 52PS in 2008. Unfortunately according to Naim they no longer have service information on older units on their 'new' system so I'm going to have to pick your brains.  

Firstly what is changed during this conversion as I'm trying to establish which components where new or are replaced with new during this conversion/service because at the moment I have only seen photographs from the outside  it obviously had a new Supercap backplate fitted with the later 230 volt and European CE markings but still has the original 1990 52PS serial number.s-l1600

Also Naim have doctored the box stamping Supercap over 52PS but again retaining the old 52PS serial number. s-l1600

The unit was supplied by and conversion done through Soundcraft who it seems have added their own number also. As soon as it arrives late next week I'll take some photographs of the inside.

Posted on: 09 December 2018 by Mike Sullivan
Bob the Builder posted:
Mike Sullivan posted:

Have you tried sticking your finger in it with the power on to see if the SQ is better? Would be a cheap upgrade...

Mike could you explain the reason behind that comment please?

Just a bit of warped humour after the 3PS comment of yours on the other thread ????