How to insert pictures in a post

Posted by: Salvo on 26 November 2018

Hi,

a quick question: can flick be used to insert pictures in a post? What other specific methods are there?

Thanks a lot,

salvo

Posted on: 08 January 2019 by Echolane

How about a link to the page on Imgur which allows an upload.

Tinypic is so easy to use.   I can’t understand why it won’t work for me.   I wish one of you were using it.......

Posted on: 09 January 2019 by Innocent Bystander

When I uploaded on incur, not as a registered member, there was a box on the right hand side that said copy and that is what I had tried using to copy and paste into the Naim thread without success. 

After SHB’s suggestion I opened it again and right clicked on that box and I got an option to copy that picked up a fike with jpg extension, so that is probably what will work though I haven’t yet used with the forum.

Posted on: 09 January 2019 by Sloop John B

Also if you use Roon and want to post a picture of an album, there is a share facility that can automatically upload to imgur and save the link to your clipboard. This is very useful for the “what are you listening to”  thread. 

.sjb

Posted on: 09 January 2019 by Richard Dane
Echolane posted:

Tinypic is so easy to use.   I can’t understand why it won’t work for me.   I wish one of you were using it.......

On Imgur, go to your All Images page, click on an image, which brings up a new box showing the image on the eft and then a list of link options on the right.  You want to click and copy the Direct Image link.  You use this to put in the Source box of the insert/edit image function on your forum reply.

Posted on: 09 January 2019 by AndyP19

This might help for Flickr - launch the URL for the pic taking you to the Flickr site showing the pic again then  click on the bendy arrow and copy the BBCode and carve out from the long adddress the bit that includes https://farm5.staticflickr.com and ends with jpg.

Posted on: 09 January 2019 by Echolane
Richard Dane posted:
Echolane posted:

On Imgur, go to your All Images page, click on an image, which brings up a new box showing the image on the eft and then a list of link options on the right.  You want to click and copy the Direct Image link.  You use this to put in the Source box of the insert/edit image function on your forum reply.

There is no ALL IMAGES page.  The header on the Imgur Home page displayed on my iPad says MOST VIRAL and FEED.  I keep thinking I must be on the wrong web page, but it doesn’t matter whether I use the app or a browser, it’s the same.

That's sounds like you're just on the general landing page.  You need to go to your area - top right hand corner, green button, should then bring down a drop list. Click on images.

Yes

Richard Dane posted:

That's sounds like you're just on the general landing page.  You need to go to your area - top right hand corner, green button, should then bring down a drop list. Click on images.

yes, I’ve been there numerous times.  I touch an image.  Have to hold it for some time and eventually a numeral 1 appears in upper right corner and NEXT becomes an option.  Or if I touch the image again it switches to “gif” in lower left corner.  And NEXT is no longer an option.  Or both gif and 1.

NEXT takes me to a new page, but as I have said above, It expects labels, tags, and then it posts to the Imgur website.  I find no options to transfer a link or anything similar.

It should look like this...

Then, when you go to your image page and click on one of them, you should get this (the image here is the screenshot I took as shown above)...

Posted on: 09 January 2019 by hungryhalibut

This is the homepage

Press the + and you pictures pop up

Choose your picture - you will see a 1

Click next

Change public to hidden and press upload

Once uploaded, go to profile to find your pictures. Open the picture. Hold the picture and you will get some options. Choose copy link.

Press the little mountain and a screen pops up. Paste the imgur link in the top box and choose Ok - in the picture the Ok box is hidden behind the keyboard.

You just need to fiddle about and try different things. If you simply repeat the same steps you will always get the same result - computers are like that. Anyway, if you follow the above steps it will work. Note that you can only do this, using the iPad, for the pictures stored on the iPad. I have no idea how to upload from a PC, and I always upload from my pad or phone. 

Posted on: 09 January 2019 by Mike-B

I’ve never used my iPad to upload images,  but just to try it I followed HH instructions & it wurx perfik

Thanks HH   ............  the pic is the marked out location & size of the redoubt at Rorkes Drift 

Posted on: 09 January 2019 by Don Atkinson
winkyincanada posted:

From Flickr it's a little different:

1) Go to the picture's page (click on the picture if you're in the photostream or album)

2) Click the little curvy arrow at the bottom right to "Share Photo"

3) Select the "embed" option from the tabs on the dialogue box

4) Control_C to copy the text string (Command-C on a Mac). (Text will already be selected, ready to copy)

5) Back at Naim, in the "Add Reply" form select the option at the top to insert that looks like this <> (It is out at the right, and is NOT the Insert Photo option)

6) Paste the text into the box and click OK

7) Complete your post by adding witty banter

Here's a test!

DSC_5347

You forgot the witty banter .............

hungryhalibut posted:

Change public to hidden and press upload

This is one of the options that has defeated me.  Thank you!

hungryhalibut posted:

Once uploaded, go to profile to find your pictures. Open the picture. Hold the picture and you will get some options. Choose copy link.

Z

This is the other page that has defeated me.  This looks like progress!  Thank you again!

Posted on: 09 January 2019 by Innocent Bystander
Echolane posted:

Temporary time out.  I am about to start the process of switching to Windows 10 from my troublesome Windows 7.

If you’re not familiar with W10 you won’t like it! W7 much better in my opinion!

I’ve got used to 10, do no longer the huge irritation it was at first / but I have seen nothing better about it!

I am about to “divorce” my troublesome Windows 7 installation and start a Windows 10 installation.  Hope to prove I can post a picture when I return!  

Janet

Innocent Bystander posted:
Echolane posted:

Temporary time out.  I am about to start the process of switching to Windows 10 from my troublesome Windows 7.

If you’re not familiar with W10 you won’t like it! W7 much better in my opinion!

I’ve got used to 10, do no longer the huge irritation it was at first / but I have seen nothing better about it!

I think you will hear my scream if Windows 10 proves as troublesome as Windows 7. I have called upon this wonderfully helpful forum many times with my struggles as a novice to streaming and my new Uniti Core. Many (most?) of my troubles can be traced to Windows 7. Mostly network problems.  For example, my network components come and go on the File Manager display. I haven't seen the Sonic Transporter for two weeks and suddenly there it was yesterday in the display.