The Steely Dan Dictionary

Posted by: J.N. on 22 December 2018

Enjoy - fellow fans of The Dan.

http://steelydandictionary.com

John.

Posted on: 26 December 2018 by JazzDocNaim

Thanks for the link to the Steely Dan Dictionary. Really interesting and invaluable for unravelling any obscurities in the Becker/Fagen lyrics.

I have a physical copy of the 'Citizen' box set. I think it sounds really good. Wouln't it be great if we got SACD or HiRes reissues of 'Cant Buy A Thrill', 'Katy Lied' and 'The Royal Scam'

Posted on: 29 December 2018 by ewemon
JazzDocNaim posted:

Thanks for the link to the Steely Dan Dictionary. Really interesting and invaluable for unravelling any obscurities in the Becker/Fagen lyrics.

I have a physical copy of the 'Citizen' box set. I think it sounds really good. Wouln't it be great if we got SACD or HiRes reissues of 'Cant Buy A Thrill', 'Katy Lied' and 'The Royal Scam'

The Royal Scam along with Pretzel and Aja were released as UHQCD's this year in Japan but they are sold out already as they were a limited run. Not sure if they were like the Keith Jarrett Koln sets only available through Disk Union as the Japanese market does tend to do funny things.

Posted on: 29 December 2018 by ewemon

Meant to ask anyone going to see them on their UK tour which starts in a few weeks. Steve Winwood is the support act and if it is anything like their Down Under tour when Stevie joined them on stage at a couple of gigs we are in for a treat.

Posted on: 29 December 2018 by Gazza

Pretty sure @Richard Dane asked if anyone was going, so he probably is. If I went I know Richard would be the giant sitting right in front of me.

Short *rse* Gaz