Coffee

Posted by: Mike-B on 23 December 2018

As its holiday season again, food & drink comes to mind,  & its been a while since we've had a thread on favourite coffee blends.  

Can we make a list of your favourite brand & blend by beans,  ready ground  & instant.     And with the variables that some of us have with shopping convenience it would be handy to know where you buy it.  

To start it off,  I'm constantly looking for a whole bean that hits the spot.  I brew with a Cafetiere (French Press) & I like rich mellow & aromatic.  I prefer not to have ready ground but I'll try anything,  that's why I'm asking.

Ready for the grinder at the moment is Lavazza Qualita Rossa Beans,  easy to find in most s.markets & www.  

My instant (lazyboy) choice is Douwe Egberts Pure Indulgence Instant Coffee,   easy to find.

Posted on: 27 December 2018 by Huge

Currently using coffee as my ADHD medication ('til I get something more effective - hopefully early next year!).

Posted on: 27 December 2018 by Cdb

Interesting variety on the thread. 

I use a Rancilio Silvia espresso machine and their Rocky grinder. Rancilio market commercial machines in the U.K. but the Silvia is not that common, although John Lewis sold them a few Christmases ago. I believe it’s been a populahr domestic model in the US, but I guess bean to cup machines have taken over a lot of the market. 

I find that supermarket beans tend to lose flavour quite quickly after the seal is broken and the coffee available in local delicatessen’s is very expensive for what are just blends. My coffee sources are Drury’s in Covent Garden and the Algerian Coffee Store in Soho, but I just go for blends like Formula Rossa from the Algerian shop. At least they are roasters so the coffee is fresh.

Posted on: 28 December 2018 by ChrisSU

My current favourite - roasted in Barcelona, discovered in a Catalan deli in Liverpool. Rich and full bodied - but then, all coffee is if you make it strong enough!