Streaming media lack of continued availability frustration...

Posted by: Simon-in-Suffolk on 28 December 2018

Now that many of us having streaming sounding the same as local streamed content thanks to the use of streaming proxies etc... we have parity with SQ... but where there is still an annoying differentiation is content availability and availability continuation.

I, along with I suspect, many on this forum have quite an eclectic taste in music.. streaming can be great with the likes of Qobuz and Tidal to find some rare masters... However what I have increasingly found is that more rare masters over time start to disappear from the  streaming catalogue... they still appear in my favourite album collections, but when I try and play I get an error and often a message stating the distributor has withdrawn the streaming rights... and then nothing.. I am stuck...

So what I have learnt... if I really enjoy a master on streaming... then buy it.. that way it’s gaurenteed to be available. I would say this has happened to about 5% of my saved favourite streaming albums and EPs... and yes it typically the more obscure... but frustrating 

Posted on: 30 December 2018 by engjoo
DWO-Naim posted:

Question to those who found music missing/greyed out. Was this only whilst browsing the site or playing playlists from site. Did you also lose access to tracks/music if you had downloaded them for listening to whilst off-line? Just thinking this may be an option to retain access to favourites if they are likely to be moved for whatever reason.

Never tried this myself so happy to be told I’m off beam here. Appreciate it mat be difficult to “guess” what may be moved but if it is a rarity them may be a way around this issue.

It will be removed even if you had saved it as favorites or downloaded it into the app. I have experienced before.