Holiday plans for 2019 (and beyond !)

Posted by: Don Atkinson on 01 January 2019

Want to share your holiday plans ?

Your plans might inspire others to visit new places, meet new people, enjoy new and exiting adventures.

Or simply persuade others to take it easy and relax!

Whether it's a few nights somewhere local, or that Round-the-World cruise your other half has always dreamed about, why not share your hopes and dreams with others.

(you might post some of those inspirational holiday brochure photos or ones you took previously if you are returning to a favourite place.

Posted on: 02 January 2019 by Don Atkinson

Nothing special planned at the moment.

We have a few days booked later this month in Cornwall. Beach walking and cliff top hiking. Winter weather gear will no doubt be on the cards !

Mrs D and youngest daughter are off to Budapest for a week or so at the end of February. Kevin’s picture above makes it look really attractive.

Posted on: 02 January 2019 by Stephen packer
NAJB posted:

We are feeling very wary about booking anything in Europe after end of march, even without the thought that the £ will plummet to new lows. But we have booked 3 weeks in Georgia (not the Drumpfland version, that country is completely off our radar) to sample the cuisine and the wine and perhaps the mountains, but not at close quarters. A short trip to La Gomera in early February to see some sunshine. Our annual trip to France  has been put on the back burner.  

Georgia is fantastic.  The wine is great, the food wonderful and the people welcoming.

The driving is a little haphazard though...

Posted on: 02 January 2019 by Stephen packer

This year, as every year for the last ten or so, I plan another motorcycle trip with a couple of friends.  Normally it's a pretty low-budget affair with a lot of camping.  Last year got us to the Caspian coast in Azerbaijan and almost to Iran.

This year we plan a return to Russia (Volgograd) via Poland, Belarus and Ukraine, visiting Moscow and exiting via Latvia.  

Posted on: 02 January 2019 by Timmo1341
Don Atkinson posted:

Nothing special planned at the moment.

We have a few days booked later this month in Cornwall. Beach walking and cliff top hiking. Winter weather gear will no doubt be on the cards !

Mrs D and youngest daughter are off to Budapest for a week or so at the end of February. Kevin’s picture above makes it look really attractive.

Mild, dry and occasional glimpses of Sol today, Don (Camborne/Redruth). Walked at the weekend over at Gwithian in T-shirt!

Posted on: 02 January 2019 by ynwa250505
ewemon posted:

Off to my second home in Hong Kong in August to celebrate my Mother-in-Laws 90th birthday. Probably retire there at some point but depends upon the outcome of some test I am about to have.

I went to school for a couple of years in HK when my father was stationed there. Been back for a few holidays since then - the old ferries and trams are still the same ...

Posted on: 02 January 2019 by Mike Sullivan
rodwsmith posted:

Another thread opportunity to piss off Chris_R_EPL !!

I've never been to New Zealand. Yet! But am off on a 'Wine-bore' trip there in February, so have added on some holiday time and racked it up to a month. Can't wait.

It’s quite nice here, I’m happy to report. We usually go to the Bay of Islands for a few short breaks each year, it’s an hours drive. Otherwise, we visit Auckland and take Rebecca to the zoo, mum goes shopping and I go to the hi-fi shop and get told off if I come back with a box...

This year I’m thinking Tahiti, My wife says Australia, we will see. Rebecca will go anywhere there is a pool or beach and a cafe ????

Posted on: 02 January 2019 by lyndon

Still on my Xmas break so suppose it counts 

Manila - saw a great band the in the Roadhouse on Manila bay, the lead guitarist was a ringer for Slash 

Hong Kong + best part of a day in Macau 

Kuala Lumpur- this is where me and the enemy first met in 96, this place has changed beyond recognition 

Singapore

Back to the Philippines, the island of Palawan - this is the relaxation stage, just jump in the sea and stay there - El Nido, google that and press images 

lyndon

Posted on: 02 January 2019 by Mike Sullivan

Singapore makes for a great stopover on the way to old Blighty.

Posted on: 02 January 2019 by winkyincanada

Currently in Whistler, Belize in the spring. Okanagan in the summer. French Alps and Corsica on the bike later in the summer. Whistler again next winter. Some shorter bike-and-whippet-racing interspersed, including #DK200 again if I get in. An epic bike trip in NZ in 2020 Feb.