Core - tips for setup and file transfer

Posted by: LarsDK on 05 January 2019

hi all

i just got a core that will run with a large ssd so it can be in my rack silently and linked with wire to my nd555. 

Any tips on how to setup and esp transfer rip files from my NAS. All rips are done with my old unitiserve. NAS and Core will be on same network and for transfer i can setup to same cisco switch with wire.

later i want to use my NAS as backup to core.

thanks!

lars

Posted on: 13 January 2019 by LarsDK

Just installed evo 860 - hope that is ok :-) 

agree interesting question

Posted on: 13 January 2019 by David Hendon
LarsDK posted:

Just installed evo 860 - hope that is ok :-) 

agree interesting question

The evo 850 isn’t current and I remember Phil Harris telling us that the evo 860 was also recommended by Naim as being equivalent to the 850.

best

David

Posted on: 13 January 2019 by Chag...

Indeed, the 860 EVO has replaced the 850 EVO early 2018 just like the 860 PRO has replaced the 850 PRO. The new versions are barely faster. More of a marketing gimmick than anything else after all.

A question may be as for PRO vs. EVO. The only real difference appears to be with the efficiency of the MLC memory achieved by operating the storage cells stacked in 64 layers instead of 32 that allows operating at a lower voltage of 2.5 volts instead of 3.3 volts with the PRO version. Does the lower voltage lead to lower noise level? Note that both models now use the same new MJX Controller.

Chag -