What new releases are you looking forward to?

Posted by: Voltaire on 02 May 2009

I am sure this thread has been started before but...What new releases are you looking forward too?

I'll start the ball rolling...

Posted on: 29 November 2018 by Bert Schurink

7th of December, let's check it out before buying...

I hate Christmas albums - will this be the exception ?

Posted on: 29 November 2018 by Gazza
Bert Schurink posted:

Have to agree Bert, can,t think of one I like.

13th of December

Posted on: 30 November 2018 by Richard Dane

Neil Young - Songs For Judy.

Taken from his 1976 US Acoustic tour. The CD is out today, and the double vinyl LP is due on the 14th December.

Posted on: 30 November 2018 by Bert Schurink

Jeff Ballard Fairgrounds..

End of January..Emile Parisien - Double Screening...

25th of January...

7th December...

Posted on: 01 December 2018 by Bob_B

The Rendell/Carr Lansdowne set sold out from the Jazzman site within a couple of days. It came and went ! 

Posted on: 01 December 2018 by Richard Dane
Bob_B posted:

The Rendell/Carr Lansdowne set sold out from the Jazzman site within a couple of days. It came and went ! 

I'm not surprised. I think the release has been put back even further to December 14th now.  I placed a pre-order with HMV back in October - I really hope I'm not left disappointed.

Posted on: 01 December 2018 by Clive B

Posted on: 06 December 2018 by Richard Morris

This one slipped under the radar - out tomorrow, 4cds, many tracks previously not on cd.

Posted on: 10 December 2018 by Bert Schurink

End of February..

The new one of Chris Potter in February...

Mid January...

Posted on: 10 December 2018 by Brilliant

Eric Dolphy - Musical Prophet , the expanded NY Studio Sessions ( of the Conversations/Iron Man recordings, from the MONO masters). Resonance Records, Jan 2019

Posted on: 12 December 2018 by Bert Schurink

Mid of January

Posted on: 12 December 2018 by TomSer
Bert Schurink posted:

You should try this one from 2L Records, in 352kHz/24bit 
I downloaded it from HDTracks.
Beautiful recording!

Posted on: 12 December 2018 by iliria
TomSer posted:

You should try this one from 2L Records, in 352kHz/24bit 
I downloaded it from HDTracks.
Beautiful recording!

Very good quality but an hour of that is guaranteed to put you to sleep without needing Xanax.

Posted on: 13 December 2018 by Bert Schurink

Quite some older Metheny stuff coming out in high res, for those who don’t have it easy, for others like me, do we again want to buy it in high res.....

Posted on: 17 December 2018 by Bert Schurink

25th of January

Posted on: 18 December 2018 by Stevee_S

Releasing January 11th on The Good Ship Funke label.

"EXTRAORDINARY PARIS BROADCAST FROM BOWIE S SMALL SCALE HOURS TOUR Released on 4th October 1999, Hours - David Bowie s 21st studio album - was the first record by a major artist to be available to download in its entirety from the internet. Bowie had composed the songs for the album with guitarist Reeves Gabrels, who also appeared on the album. The Hours tour took in just eight live shows, with gigs played in London, Dublin, Vienna, Milan, Copenhagen, and on 14th October, at Paris s Élysée Montmartre. Filmed for broadcast both in Europe and across the US, this special concert is now available on CD for the first time. Featuring a band made up of ex-Helmet guitarist Page Hamilton, Mark Plati on lead and rhythm guitar, Gail Ann Dorsey on bass, Sterling Campbell on drums and the ubiquitous Mike Garson on keyboards (who else?), this small club show is all at once dynamic, intimate, and yet somewhat extraordinary, and has to be heard to be truly appreciated. For reasons still somewhat unclear, Mr Gabrels was nowhere to be seen."

Posted on: 18 December 2018 by ewemon

Up in the air at the moment but there is rumblings out there that since the sessions have been found for the recording of the album then we are getting a Ragged Glory II sometime in 2019. This is the spiel from NYA

Crazy Horse’s ‘Ragged Glory’ album will be twice the size in its next release. J. Hanlon has found more of the Crazy Horse album from 1990. Listening to these tracks is a real head scratcher. They are equal to anything on the existing record, maybe better. Possibly, the thought at the time was to have a single album and not include the songs from the last half of the unique ‘set oriented’ recording sessions.

Those sessions were unique because the band played a set of songs twice a day at Plywood Analog for a couple of weeks, then went back, listened and chose best tracks after the two weeks were up. The Ragged Glory was picked from those tracks. The same tracks were never repeated in a recording set, played only once as set. . . . and the band moved right on to the next song. No repeats. This approach took ‘analysis’ out of the game during the sessions, allowing the Horse to not think; thinking is deadly for the Horse.

After the songs were played enough so that the band was sure they must have the takes, the Horse, having a great time, kept playing other songs. . . Five songs, with two versions of one, and one long extended take of another, yielded another 38 minutes of Crazy Horse classics, mostly undiscovered and unheard before.

Ragged Glory II, the double album, will be announced as a stand alone LP in vinyl, CD and High resolution digital, probably released in 2019 and possibly delaying release of other announced projects.

NYA