Nice Photos.

Posted by: u5227470736789439 on 27 February 2008

Most of us have taken one or two nice photos.

Here is my candidate as being almost quite good. In fact it is two painstakingly joined.

Taken up in the mountain at Skurdalsvatn in 2000.

Though this one takien in Warsaw in November 2006 is not bad:

I know there are several good photgraphers here, and it would be nice to see some of you best efforts if you feel inclined to share!

George
Posted on: 10 March 2008 by BigH47
Scottyh
Bet your glad your not doing the Gatwick checks today?
Posted on: 10 March 2008 by Blueknowz
Paws for thought
Posted on: 10 March 2008 by tonym
Mount Blanc massive -

Our dogs where they shouldn't be! -

My dog walk during that hard frost the other week -
Loweswater in the Lake District -

Sunset over St. Lucia -
Posted on: 10 March 2008 by scottyhammer
hi, big h,

your right mate, we wouldnt nave been allowed up there today anyway. amazing to think that only last wednesday the weather was beautiful.
regards, dave
Posted on: 10 March 2008 by Haim Ronen
Our iced kitchen window
Posted on: 11 March 2008 by tonym
A slight aside - someone mentioned earlier in the thread about digitally enhancing slides.

I've got several boxes of 35mm slides which I'd love to have on computer. I tried to scan them myself but it was very laborious and the results weren't very good either.

Can someone recommend how this can best be done please? I'll happily send them off & pay for them to be done professionally.
Posted on: 11 March 2008 by northpole
Tony

If I could manage to get my ass in gear I would be able to offer to do this for you - I have a Nikon Coolscan 5000ED with slide feeder attachment which allegedly takes up to 50 slides at a time. It's a dedicated film scanner with 4000dpi resolution which I presume is as good as you could ever want - short of having each slide image over 100mb file size!

I'll try to give it a go this weekend - but I've been threatening to do this for ages!

Peter
Posted on: 11 March 2008 by u5227470736789439
Team Listening!

From left, the feet of: Munch Julian, and GFFJ

Julian's camera! Notice my tiny little Royd Minstrels compared to Munch's SBLs! The results certainly were not puny though!

George
Posted on: 12 March 2008 by tonym
quote:
Originally posted by northpole:
Tony

If I could manage to get my ass in gear I would be able to offer to do this for you - I have a Nikon Coolscan 5000ED with slide feeder attachment which allegedly takes up to 50 slides at a time. It's a dedicated film scanner with 4000dpi resolution which I presume is as good as you could ever want - short of having each slide image over 100mb file size!

I'll try to give it a go this weekend - but I've been threatening to do this for ages!

Peter

That's very kind of you Peter! I'd be very interested to know how you get on with this device. Might make sense for me to get one myself.
Posted on: 12 March 2008 by tonym
quote:
Originally posted by tonym:
quote:
Originally posted by northpole:
Tony

Peter

That's very kind of you Peter! I'd be very interested to know how you get on with this device. Might make sense for me to get one myself.

Whoops! Just looked at the price. Maybe not...
Posted on: 12 March 2008 by Blueknowz
Couple of shots taken with my mobile yesterday in Belfast
Posted on: 12 March 2008 by Officer DBL
Nice one Jim,

My office overlooks the Belfast Wheel. Have you tried the wheel yet or was it a tad windy yesterday?

KR

Rob
Posted on: 12 March 2008 by Blueknowz
Not yet Rob? ....My Brother in Law works in City Hall though, Maybe in Belfast tomorrow you free for lunch ?
Posted on: 12 March 2008 by Officer DBL
Sorry Jim, I am off to Edinburgh tomorrow otherwise I would have said yes. Friday would be good if you were in town...
Posted on: 12 March 2008 by Tony Lockhart
I don't believe I'm going to ask this, but here goes: Jim, which phone do you have? That second pic is pretty good.

Tony
Posted on: 13 March 2008 by Blueknowz
Tony, It's a Nokia N73 all the pics I have in this thread were taken with it ! it's 3mg the N95 has 5 mg ......Jim
Posted on: 13 March 2008 by Tony Lockhart
Thanks. Most impressive.

Tony
Posted on: 13 March 2008 by 555
"*"
Posted on: 13 March 2008 by 555
My 552
Posted on: 14 March 2008 by Cymbiosis
quote:
Originally posted by GFFJ:
Team Listening!
From left, the feet of: Munch Julian, and GFFJ
George

Team croaking!
From left, loads of feet - The residents of one of my ponds this morning. Taken about 6am after a busy night!

Kind regards,

Peter
Posted on: 14 March 2008 by BigH47
What they doing? Roll Eyes
Posted on: 15 March 2008 by Cymbiosis
quote:
Originally posted by BigH47:
What they doing? Roll Eyes

Erm... Having a members meeting? Smile

Good to see so many in one place at one time!

Kind regards,

Peter
Posted on: 15 March 2008 by Diccus62
Better looking than the last members meeting of which photos were displayed in these hallowed pages Winker
Posted on: 15 March 2008 by northpole
All those bodies and spawn must have played havoc with the bass!!

Peter
Posted on: 15 March 2008 by Officer DBL
quote:
What they doing?

Listening to McCartney possibly?