What DVD have you just watched?

Posted by: u5227470736789439 on 27 November 2005

Just about to watch the secong half of 'The Odessa File.'

All the best from Fredrik
Posted on: 22 December 2005 by Jagdeep
Yes..Shrek IS good

Which part of the Netherlands, the headoffice of the company i work for is in Vendam
Jag
Posted on: 25 December 2005 by Juliandowd
Sin City
Posted on: 26 December 2005 by Haroon
Withnail and I - anyone for a camberwell carrot?
Posted on: 26 December 2005 by Geoff P
quote:
Which part of the Netherlands, the headoffice of the company i work for is in Vendam
are you sure you don't mean Veendam? That is up in the north part. I live near Eindhoven which is down in the south part.

On topic just finished ..Mr & Mrs Smith.

regards
Geoff
Posted on: 26 December 2005 by Steve2701
Boxing day TV in the Uk at this time of day (evening) is a load of dribble, soooooo, as yesterday was a good day for DVDs I am now half way through disc 2 of 'Looney Tunes' Golden Collection Vol II, ie, loads & loads of Beep Beep, Beep Beep... and it has brightened up the evening no end. That and de-fragging the PC.. or 4 hours of Corrie, or I ask you.. True Grit??? I wonder if Coyote got all his acme stuff on line.....
Posted on: 26 December 2005 by Roy Donaldson
Serenity, nice to get a R1 import early :-)
Posted on: 28 December 2005 by Chris Kelly
Watched "The Godfather" yesterday. Had forgotten just how good it is. Sounded wonderful in 2 channel via 282/200.
For light relief from the dire fare on broadcast tv over the holiday period watched several dvds, including "Die hard", the ultimate unChristmas story set at Christmas! Yippeekayay....
Posted on: 28 December 2005 by Vaughn3D
Watched "Eyes Wide Shut" again, great movie. My brother in law is watching "Unbreakable" as I type this, another great movie.
Posted on: 29 December 2005 by Phil Cork
Shaun of the dead - excellent - side splittingly funny!

Phil Big Grin
Posted on: 04 January 2006 by HRC99
Serenity. Excellent. Just bought Firefly and will be working my way through them.
Posted on: 04 January 2006 by Allan Probin
Just ordered Firefly also. Box set of all 14 episodes + 7hrs of extras for £15.99 at CDWow.com. That should keep me amused for a while.

Allan
Posted on: 04 January 2006 by Mr Underhill
Saw Serenity - throroughly enjoyed it. Mr Whedon's trademark dialogue, very funny.

Bought Firefly just before Xmas, 17.99. A good buy, but with some weak episodes. Still a shame it was cancelled.

Just ordered a whole bunch of films from Play inc:

Ruthless People. One of the funniest films I have ever seen.

The Third Man.

King Kong (1933).

Adams Rib. Classic stuff.

The Man From Laramie. My daughters, 15 & 11, really enjoy James Stewart.

King Rat. Can't remember seeing the film - but the book is very good.

Duck Soup & Marx Brothers box set. Be interested to see what the girls think of these.

Martin
Posted on: 05 January 2006 by Chumpy
Carnival Band/Maddy Prior 'An Evening Of Carols And Capers' (bought it mainly for 4 songs previously unrecorded)
- 2nd lively half of show quite good, almost as good as their recent performance in Bristol.
So far I have not bothered to listen in 5:1, as stereo sound and whomping double-bass quite moving enough.
Posted on: 05 January 2006 by Chumpy
Family forced me to get Shrek 2 films when they were released, and I agree that they are worth watching every now and then.

It is IMO worth getting hold of 'Shrek 2 1/2', the 15 minute stereovision (stick on your coloured goggles) short given away with some editions ...
Posted on: 05 January 2006 by sonofcolin
The Exorcism of Emily Rose (DVD version) - brrrrrrrrr.

Oliver - ahh. Lovely.
Posted on: 05 January 2006 by BigH47
Christmas presents:-
HHGTTG
Sahara
Terminator 3
Rush R30
War of the Worlds
SWMBO had The Beach book&DVD

Howard
Posted on: 06 January 2006 by DellboyOne
Have just finished watching Sympathy for Lady Vengence. If you liked Old Boy then you're going to enjoy this as well. The final film in the Park Chan Wook trilogy about vengence.
Posted on: 06 January 2006 by Mr Underhill
The Maltese Falcon.

Thought I had seen this....but I was wrong.

Black and white in marvellous mono.

Great film with a strong cast. According to the notes on the back this was John Huston's break through feature, and I can understand why.

Martin
Posted on: 07 January 2006 by Jay
Sin City.

Interesting.....
Posted on: 08 January 2006 by Chumpy
Films etc seem to be more important quite rightly IMO than 'Music' DVD material to people who have replied to this topic.

I confess to on the cheapest BBC site having just ordered all of funny 'Only Fools And Horses' 25 DVD - almost-complete (7 unreleased 'Lost Episodes' I watched from P2P download VCD yesterday), also to ordering the only £69 from amazon.co.uk 'Inspector Morse' 33 DVD collection. I arrived late to OFAH, and although I might have seen most Morse Oxford carnage on original TV broadcast, I want to:
a) Catalogue how many different record-turntable/systems are shown in his shows.
b) Check how many times others/he really had an alcoholic beverage.
c) How often his character was really rebuffed romantically by operatic Diva.

My favourite DVD purchase is usually TV (usually BBC apart from 'Father Ted') great comedy.

I admit to having bought all of 'Lovejoy' DVDs just to watch first 7 episodes I never saw/a couple of specials, and have not played all of episodes I last saw on UKTVGold in 2004.

Can anyone recommend please a good UK purchase of nice multiregion portable DVD player ...
Posted on: 09 January 2006 by Hammerhead
Layer Cake. It's such a cool film. I can see Daniel Craig being a great Bond based on his performance in this. Michael Gambon brilliant as ever.

Yet to unwrap 'Lost in Translation' and 'War of the Worlds'.
Posted on: 09 January 2006 by karyboue
2 movies I enjoyed this week :
"I heart huckabees" by David O. Russell : http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0356721/ strange interesting movie
"A Dirty Shame" by John Waters : http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0365125/ I loved Big Grin it.
Posted on: 10 January 2006 by Jay
Melinda and Melinda - higly recommended Woody Allen film.

Jay
Posted on: 10 January 2006 by steveinxs
The first 3/4 of Coen Bros "Blood Simple"....their 1st and I think probably their best ...ace

Cheers, Steve
Posted on: 14 January 2006 by Chumpy
25 Only Fools And Horses DVDs/package were/are IMO excellent, althought to complete there are 8 'little unreleased thingies' downloadable from e.g. Shareaza/WinMX.

Have just started on 33 Inspector Morse DVDs, and am just about to check that record-deck ('Richards Research') all over 1st episode about murdering hifi company partner is probably a Logic DM101 with Rega RB300. Naim amps/Sennheiser headphones/Vivaldi Gloria/portable radios/beer everywhere too.