What is the latest music you downloaded, what resolution and from where?

Posted by: Stevee_S on 13 January 2014

With more music being downloaded I thought it might be interesting to see what forum members are buying and from where. 

The news that HD Tracks are soon to open an online UK store means that more choice is going to be available to us. The variety and quality of downloadable music we can choose from is expanding, MP3 to 24bit studio Masters at 192kHz and beyond.

So what are you buying and downloading?

Posted on: 30 August 2014 by Bert Schurink

standard CD quality

first one in high res rest standard CD quality at Qobuz..

high res, Qobuz...

high res Qobuz..

high res Qobuz...

Posted on: 14 October 2014 by Stevee_S

24/192 from Qobuz

Posted on: 14 October 2014 by Dan43

Trent Reznor/Atticus Ross Gone Girl Soundtrack, 24/48 $11.99 direct from NIN site

Posted on: 15 October 2014 by migo

Neil Cowley 3 

Naimlabel.com

Posted on: 15 October 2014 by migo

soundliaison.com

Posted on: 16 October 2014 by David O'Higgins

Summerteeth

24/96 From HD Tracks, with 15% discount

Posted on: 17 October 2014 by Dave***t

Couple I expect will be unusual on this forum, but perhaps they'll make sense to some.

Chopin Nocturnes & Ballades, played by Ashkenazy, from Universal, 16bit ALAC:

Some superb, fairly underground electronic stuff, the Black Mirror EP by Broken Note.  Bonus points for using a sample from the film Network so well at the start.  16bit ALAC from Ad Noiseam:

And my own new album, 320kbps mp3 via Haulix (press/preview download service):

Posted on: 22 October 2014 by Stevee_S

Using a voucher for iTunes. I assume it will be mp3 256k

Posted on: 22 October 2014 by Steve J

Studio Master FLAC 24/192 6 album set from Qobuz. Downloaded last night. Odd thing is it seems to have disappeared from the site today. It was on offer for £28 reduced from £42. Excellent SQ.

Posted on: 25 October 2014 by Hook
Originally Posted by Bert Schurink:

in high res, Qobuz..

Have enjoyed all of Potter's albums, and his latest was no exception. A bit more dark and complex than previous efforts, but still very beautiful.

Posted on: 26 October 2014 by Simon-in-Suffolk

192/24 from Qobuz

Really enjoyable

Posted on: 29 October 2014 by Big Bill

I download a lot of stuff from eClassical, just compare their prices to Amazon!  They have a 'daily deal' which is often irresistible and have 24bit downloads available too.

They sell the BIS catalogue but have been adding other labels to their product list, for example Harmonia Mundi, Naxos,...

The BIS catalogue is an excellent catalogue of classical music, very good recordings but some stuff you may not have considered in the past.  Harmonia Mundi is a name that speaks for itself.

The last download I purchased from them was Aho's 10th symphony, a massive, massive, massive piece of music.  I find it completely mind-blowing, like being back at University again.   Before that was the album 'Satie & compagnie' by the French pianist Anne Queffélec on the Mirare label (a new one on me).  I love French piano music from the late 19th/early 20th centuries and this album is superb.

Give them a try, the daily deal is usually around 5-6US$ for a BIS (usually) 16/44 download, they accept cards and Paypal.

I must add that I have nothing to do with eClassical, I am just a satisfied customer.

Posted on: 31 October 2014 by ted_p
Originally Posted by Stevee_S:

With more music being downloaded I thought it might be interesting to see what forum members are buying and from where. 

The news that HD Tracks are soon to open an online UK store means that more choice is going to be available to us. The variety and quality of downloadable music we can choose from is expanding, MP3 to 24bit studio Masters at 192kHz and beyond.

So what are you buying and downloading?

Power To The People - The Hits

John Lennon

24 bit / 44.1

Qobuz

Posted on: 01 November 2014 by winkyincanada

Both from HDtracks. RTF is CD-quality. HOTH is 24/96

Posted on: 01 November 2014 by sjbabbey

Both in 24/96 from Qobuz.

Posted on: 02 November 2014 by Harry Bennett
Jen Chapin, Revisions, 24/192 AIFF HDtracks
Posted on: 07 November 2014 by Bert Schurink